PDA

View Full Version : Feeling rough after gastroscopy?

miggymoggy
05-03-11, 14:04
Hi everyone
I had my gastroscopy yesterday which was fine and just inflammation found, nothing sinister. I had max sedation.
But last night I was awake all night with terrible aching legs and back. This morning I had a slight temperature but it's gone down now. I also have pain in my lower abdomen (much lower than where the scope went).
Any ideas?

joans60
05-03-11, 14:38
Hi There
It could be wind
Hope you feel better soon.

Joanx

countrygirl
05-03-11, 21:59
I had gastroscopy ( my 4th) a year ago and was out for the count with max sedation as I said in your previous post - obviously being out for the count:) I did not know what had been happening during the scope but I by the evening I had weird ache in my back ribs and shoulder blades - og course was starting to panic that they had perforated my stomach:wacko: but by morning I realised that it was muscle ache as I could barely move with the big muscles that run up both sides of your back and I realised that I must have been retching during the scope which puts huge strain on these back muscles. I was okay again two days later but at first I could not work out what the ache was.

You are also filled up with gas which can travel up to your shoulders an cause ache until it goes.