PDA

View Full Version : One for the guys - quick response please!

Jayuk
05-03-11, 16:01
Heya all,

I'm hoping someone can give me some re assurance so I can get on.
A year or so ago I had an issue with my testicle and in the end got it all checked out and it was fine.

I am now on holiday and just before I cam away my of things crept back in.

I have an aching leg groin and testicle all day and it's getting to me now, I just want to enjoy my holiday :mad:

Has anyone had anything like this?

Thanks

Greenman50
05-03-11, 22:20
A BAD back can cause this ache , i know as a went the docs with it some 20 years ago , acheing groin and testicle , i get it once or twice a year but ignore it know . Only thing i can relate to .

Greenman50
06-03-11, 17:45
Hows the plums today ?

mtatum4496
06-03-11, 18:28
Possibly a groin pull? A quick visit to the doctor will help put fears to rest and give you some idea of how to alleviate the pain.

Jayuk
06-03-11, 18:47
They are the same! Just an annoying ache. Sometimes not too bad sometimes worse, depending on wether i'm out maybe!

I think it is a case of anxiety creeping back up on me. I went through all this 18 months ago too and had an aching groin. This time it's groin and ball but i'm sure it was the same last time.

Think it was the anxiety of coming away as a couple of weeks before I had stomach aches and ibs. Then got the ibs pains around my appendix before a little in my leg so when that subsided I think with it going into my leg the ache changed to a previous worry and still have it!

Does that make sense? Think we all do it to one degree or another! Aches brought on by obsessively thinking about something?

J

Greenman50
08-03-11, 00:09
Yes it makes sense to me . Ibs has affected my man bits before now aswell etc ..

I went the doctors with my plums many years ago as they were acheing like mad , i had a shower before i went and put loads of talc in my duds , it was embarrasing when i got them examined there was talc on the carpet i think i over did it on the talc :blush:
nothing wrong , back ache etc effects your plums , refered pain i think he said .

It really sounds like ibs /back/leg issues with HA compounding the plum issue.
Personally i,d not worry and enjoy your holiday and bite the bullet when you get home and let the doctor put your mind at rest .
They must see dozens in a week . I had plum ache late last year and nearly mentioned it to the doctor along with my other "numerous" symtyms but it was a female doctor so i didn,t mention it (coward!) .
They just give them a quick check over and shine a light over them , then you can tell your mates how embarresed you was and they can take the mick out of you for weeks :roflmao:

Get a quick check up mate , its worth it for peace of mind

Schtopper
11-03-11, 09:53
I'm sure you've had them long enough to know that testicles can ache for a number of reasons, often seemingly for no reason at all.

They're a very sensitive structure a simple knock that can go un-noticed at the time can cause an ache that lasts days. The pain as I'm sure every man knows can extend from the testicle to the groin to the stomach depending on whats causing the issue.

No doubt the thing you are worrying about is testicular cancer, however the way the testicle feels (to touch i mean) is a FAR bigger indicator of TC than a simple ache. Have a feel of it, does it feel significantly firmer than the other one? is there a noticeable lump on the front or sides of it?

How old are you?

Obviously realistically no-one can say with complete certainty not to worry that it isn't cancer, however it's unlikely and there are a LOT more benign reasons for testicular/groinal ache.

Not sure if I know what Im talking about? In Feb 2007 I was diagnosed with testicular cancer, I had no symptoms, no aches or pains, there was no lump on the testicle, the only discernable difference was that the affected testicle was solid like rock not soft and rubbery like normal. A half hour operation 2 weeks later and my cancer was gone, 4 years later it's still gone (stage 1, no chemo, no radio).

Obviously you should have it checked out that goes without saying, but try not to worry, if you are still worried then try and remember this, the oncologist said to me after my diagnosis "If you are going to get cancer this is the one to get. It is one of the very very few cancers we can CURE, normally we only say treat." Over a 95% cure rate.

But I stress there are MANY more reasons for the symptoms you are experiencing, I get occasional aches in my groin all the time and they've never felt like when i had cancer.

Remember the ONLY reason I'm mentioning cancer is because, if you're like me, that is likely what you are worried most about and no matter how much reasurrance you get until you know for certain you're likely to think "it probably isn't but it COULD be" --- ergo anxiety and panic. So i offer this only as a if you ARE going to worry about cancer until you know it isn't remember TC is one of the 'better' ones to get, a week or two won't make a difference, enjoy your holiday and let the doctor look at it when you get back. Likelyhood is the ache will have gone by then anyway.