PDA

View Full Version : When do you think...

secretlyscared
05-03-11, 17:21
it's best to take Citalopram during the day??

I'm on my 3rd time with the meds. I've been taking them when I go to bed this time but this has resulted in heartburn and feeling like I've been hit my a truck come wake up time. I'm now setting my alarm an HOUR earlier as it's taking me that long to get up!!!

I don't fancy feeling like a zombie in the day though, by 8.30 am / work I feel alright. Typing this I think I'm kinda answering my own question (what a fool I am sometimes!) but want some reassurance.

When do others take them / how does this make you feel???
Thanks

jenbo50
05-03-11, 17:34
I take mine at night but i do find i keep waking up in the night.....i am thinking of swapping it to the morning but i am a bit scared in case it makes me feel groggy. Not much help there then sorry! :-) x

suzy-sue
05-03-11, 18:19
I think you have to try out different times to see what works best for you .Try lunch time or tea time .I take mine in the evening as I was too tired in the afternoons when I took them in the morning .I get a lot of heartburn too .They can keep you awake if you take them in the evening before bed, as they increase levels that naturally drop in the evening .I have a job waking up in the morning as well .I dont think you can win tbh .Swings and roundabouts :lac:.Sue x

heavenly
05-03-11, 19:45
My GP told me to take them first thing as it can affect your sleep so I have always done that. I felt sleepy for a while, but it has now settled and I don't feel tired during the day.