PDA

View Full Version : Is my cat getting a cold? :/

Lizziesaurus
06-03-11, 00:12
My poor Fudgey's been sniffing and sneezing quite abit yesterday and mainly now when I've just noticed the sniffles. He's still eating, going to the toilet and playing normally but you see Fudge is FIV+ so I need to keep an eye out for these things but it's still all quite new to me :huh:
Unfortunately I don't think my vet has an emergency phone number although I may just ring the normal one tomorrow and see if it gives an alternative.

Does it sound like the start of a cold? I don't want him getting really ill :weep:

nomorepanic
06-03-11, 00:21
You could call the out of hours vet but be aware that we have done this before and the fee was £98!!!!!

If you can wait till they open on Monday you will save yourself a fortune.

nomorepanic
06-03-11, 00:21
Is he fully vaccinated by the way?

Lizziesaurus
06-03-11, 00:31
Thanks for such a quick reply. He is vaccinated yes and all de-flead and wormed. It doesn't seem to be bothering him too much so I do want to wait until Monday, but it's me panicking!

nomorepanic
06-03-11, 00:33
One of my cats has a heart problem and so I watch her all the time to make sure she is breathing!

Our cats do sneeze at times but not constantly

They do seem to be pretty resilient little things lol

Lizziesaurus
06-03-11, 00:44
Oh I do that as well! Obsession I had from when I was alot younger and our first family cat was getting alot older, luckily Fudge is only about 5 but having noone else to distract me makes me all paranoid!

He's a big resilient thing, just keep sniffing up now and again like he has a blocked nose? I think I might be more bothered than he is but he's my big baby so I can't help but worry!

nomorepanic
06-03-11, 00:50
Awww I am sure he will be ok - you know as an owner when they need help