PDA

View Full Version : foot pain for months

missykat
06-03-11, 10:37
when i started goin to the gym last july i noticed my foot after using the threadmill would hurt alot! let it be and assumed it would go away. now its almost 8 months later and still have it. pain only occurs when i bear weight on it or squeeze the two sides together. it runs on the outside not the arch outide but the other side. when i wake in the morning and bear weight on it for the first time in ages it is soooo stiff and sore almost bruise like. now this pain doesnt happen when at rest. im now worried it might be a tumor in my foot!!!! did anybody have this kind of foot pain before and how do u ease the pain

Thyme
06-03-11, 10:50
Hi

Sounds like it might be something called plantar fasciaitis(?spelling). It can be very painful (as you know) and hangs around for a very long time indeed. It may be worth going to see your doctor or a podiatrist.

It does go away eventually, in the mean time try always putting the foot up when sitting. Hot and cold compresses may help but not guaranteed and wear shoes or boots with good support all round the foot. Sandals are very bad for this condition. Painkillers can be useful but talk to your doctor first.

Take care

Groundhog
06-03-11, 11:13
As Thyme says almost certainly plantar fasciitis, and yes it is painful isn’t it. I had it some years ago in my heal and to the outside of my foot. It is self curing but does take time. Do you wear the correct trainers when you use the gym? As a regular gym user I always take great care to get the right shoes, don’t be tempted by ‘trendy’ sports shops go to a decent sports outlet with knowledgeable staff and explain what you need the trainers for, they should/might also recommend the use of a cushioned insole to help absorb the impact of running (I use them in my trainers)

In the meantime you could try anti inflammatory tabs or again insoles in your regular shoes – there are some specifically designed for plantar that are just a heel riser made of a gel substance as I think you will find just altering the ‘angle’ of the foot helps relieve the problem. Obviously your doctor will be of most benefit here but aware they often recommend cortisone injections to help which do work but smart a bit.

Just remembered I got my gel inserts on the NHS

missykat
06-03-11, 16:58
its not on my heal tho the outsides along the ridges and across the top near my toes. pain is worse when i wake up aswel taking first few steps. it gets managable throughout the day but still there. thanks for the advise guys will def be seeing my gp about it. going on way too long. ill try ice on it tonight for abit. was triggered at the gym. wasnt wearing proper runners come to think of it and noticed the strain gradually in the foot as time went on

lindajane1971
06-03-11, 17:10
hi, your describing plantar fasciitis perfectly but like you say not exactly in the right place. I had it, omg the pain crippled me. i bought a night splint, 20 differnet pairs of shoes, insoles, painkillers, cream, ice packs and had two injections into the sole which was excruciating :'( all to no avail!!!!! I had it two years, it finally dissapeared on its own this past november, i pray i dont get it again.

Groundhog
06-03-11, 17:20
its not on my heal tho the outsides along the ridges and across the top near my toes. pain is worse when i wake up aswel taking first few steps. it gets managable throughout the day but still there. thanks for the advise guys will def be seeing my gp about it. going on way too long. ill try ice on it tonight for abit. was triggered at the gym. wasnt wearing proper runners come to think of it and noticed the strain gradually in the foot as time went on

From a medical site...
Plantar Fasciitis is a painful condition caused by overuse of the plantar fascia or arch tendon of the foot. The Plantar Fascia is a broad, thick band of tissue that runs from under the heel to the front of the foot

....so it is not always the heel, can be anywhere. it is also quoted as being worse inthe morning and then easing during the day.
I think you have the nail on the head with the trainers-that is almost certainly the cause.
good luck:)

missykat
06-03-11, 17:22
its a terrible pain isnt it :mad: had it foe months but now getting sick of it and actually thinking will it ever go away! wow two years is a long time! how did u get it in the first place? or did it come about on its own? feel abit silly going to the gp about my foot tho if u know what i mean lol but god its so unbearable at the minute

missykat
06-03-11, 17:24
thanks groundhog :yesyes: now i know what it is lol but will still see the doc about it to see if i can get anything for it, have to go anyway for another reason but may aswel bring this up too while im there

missykat
20-04-11, 10:33
and the foot pain is still there and alot worse, feeling numb at times and hot patches on it. didnt go to the doc at the time, other things got in the way but now have appointment for today :( really worried there might be something wrong! its just my regular gp im going to, would he be able to tell if there is something wrong with my foot? i can move it about its not stiff but its oh so so so sore!!! all the time.

missykat
20-04-11, 11:10
totally freaking out thinking it will be a cancerous bone tumor in my foot :( i should not have googled!!!!!!!!

nomorepanic
20-04-11, 13:19
It is not a cancer on the foot I am sure of that

missykat
20-04-11, 23:12
went to the doc and he arranged an x ray for me and some physio. he had a lok and feel of my foot he said it could be a small fracture or pulled pigamnet he was saying tho it lasted a long time which made me worry. i asked wud it be anything serious and he said no! im still worried tho incase the x ray shows bone cancer or something. am i been overly paranoid wud the doc know if it was bone cancer? he gave me some anti inflammitorys aswel

missykat
20-04-11, 23:13
meant pulled ligament lol not pigament

nomorepanic
20-04-11, 23:17
I think you are being over paranoid lol.

Just accept it is a pulled ligament and stop thinking the worse please.

missykat
20-04-11, 23:21
i suppose, its hard to think positive tho i have the tendancy to think the worst the whole time! thanks :)

nomorepanic
20-04-11, 23:36
Yeah well please don't worry ok. Let the anti-inflammatories do their work and try not to worry about the X-ray ok?

Anxious_gal
21-04-11, 03:12
If you have cancer, well you are just going to have to get through it, theres no other choice.
theres no point worrying about things you cannot control :hugs:
Plus it's just your imagination at the moment thats causing all the fear x x

Chances are it's a pulled ligament, my friend is a dancer and she pulled ligaments in her foot, she was in pain for a while, was banned from dancing and wearing heels until it healed.
Sorry your in pain x hope the x rays shed some light on what the problem is.
hope your not scaring your self silly over bone cancer, :hugs:

missykat
21-04-11, 08:38
ure right what cn u do about it if it is cancer which im sure isnt anymore! im gunna think like that now until i get the x-ray, im tired of worrying all the time, dont have the energy to juggle worry and a one year old lol aint a picnic! thanks for advice