PDA

View Full Version : feelings of not really being here

E99
06-03-11, 14:13
Hi i am new to this, since having a bit of a panic attack on wednesday, i have been feeling really strange, like i am not really here, like i am on auto pilot and as if something terrible is going to happen to me but i don't know what.. i feel like i am going to go crazy :(

nomorepanic
06-03-11, 14:15
Hi E99

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Bravedart
06-03-11, 14:49
Hi E

Just to say I have exactly the same thing, depersonalisation its called. Word has it its related to anxiety and it's your brains way of protecting you. Its horrible but not harmful. The more you think about it the worse it becomes so try although its very difficult to let it flow over you. :)

E99
06-03-11, 18:31
Thanks its good to know someone else is feeling the same, its like i am carrying on as normal but i really don't feel normal :( i don't know wether to go to my gp about it or what but i feel like i am gonna go crazy...

Vanilla Sky
06-03-11, 20:34
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

scaredstiff695
06-03-11, 20:55
hi
i get this all the time more often at evening i describe it exactly same wasy as you, like your here but not bit like your watching yourself function but not actuall functioning
my big this is the kids i can feel like this and it be scaring me but at the same time be sat cooking kids dinner etc.
dont worry too much ive had anxiety 7 years and thas one of my big symptoms it cant hurt you or anything xx