PDA

View Full Version : North Wales April meetup

lizzie29
06-03-11, 17:54
Hi all

Well, after a (small!) meetup today in Chester, we have decided on the next meetup.

We're planning to meet mid-April in Rhyl, North Wales. Probably around lunchtime, have a bite to eat (at Belle's fave cafe!) then have a wander around the town, amusements, etc.

Date suggestions please!

Hope to see people there!

x

belle854
06-03-11, 18:17
I really enjoyed our meetup today and it was nice to have a new member. Looking forward to Rhyl and my fav cafe, ive been all the way to Rhyl just for a bite to eat before now, and the 2p machine in harkers:D. Its also Lizzie fav location on the quiet. :hugs:
Belle xxx

lizzie29
06-03-11, 18:19
Today was really good fun, what a laugh! You wait til we get to the bingo Belle, I'll be beating you to the house! xxx

Little Nicky
06-03-11, 21:57
Thank-you so much Lizzie, Belle and Paul.x. I can't believe I didn't back out and cancel last minute BUT so glad I never. I honestly thought my anxiety would get the better of me and stop me coming along to meet you all. I think the most part of my anxiety was the build up to today because once I was there I was fine.x.

It's been a while since I had a laugh like that. Lizzie and Belle where like a comedy act kind of bouncing off each other (but not physically!)

I shall look forward to this 'Rhyl' meet-up!!! I reckon you are right Belle... Lizzie will love the Rhyl meet more than anyone else:roflmao:

Thanx again to you all had brill time and you are all fab.xxx

lizzie29
06-03-11, 22:11
Haha, got a great mental image of Belle and I bouncing off each other! One for us to practice eh Belle?!

Nicky you were great, so glad you came and you didn't come across nervous at all! It's a huge achievement and I'm really proud of you, I knew you could do it! Hope you remember how good you felt after today cos it'll help you to continue beating anxiety - told you you're strong

lizzie29
06-03-11, 22:12
(argh posted too soon!)

told you you're strong :winks:

Looking forward to seeing everyone again in raving Rhyl!!! I'm counting sleeps already! x

Pinkella
07-03-11, 19:25
sounds like u all had a great day!:)

Just a shame there aren't no meets closer to me in the Midlands :weep:

Wales is a bit to far for the day!

belle854
08-03-11, 19:35
Paul thanks so much for the nice comments, the cheque is in the post :winks:. You were missed on Sunday cos your one of the most funniest people I have met and such a nice guy, I think sometimes your too hard on yourself cos i think your Gggrreeeaaaaattttttt!!!!! Missed Di too my agora buddy I always feel safe when shes there and as for Paula, well, who else do we know that can win that amount of chocolate and is good enough to share it, plus I like looking out for people who smoke for when Paula forgets her lighter, it keeps my mind occupied so I don't panic. Little Nicky, it was as though you had joined us from the very start of our meetups, it was like you had always been part of our little gang and I loved the story of your blinds :D. Maybe Froggy Paul could add that story to one of his books, im looking forward to when hes famous and up in lights:). So Lizzie your wanting a game of bingo in Rhyl? is that before the cafe and Harkers amusements or after, shall we go for an all dayer? and do all three? No anxiety, panic, agora etc can come between our friendship - ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL :grouphug:

I feel quite exhausted after that speech,

Belle XXX

lizzie29
08-03-11, 19:47
Oh Belle, that's lovely (although you were nice about everyone else, and where were my compliments?! :winks:)

That blinds story from Nicky was brilliant, good old kids eh!

I'm up for an all dayer and all three - fun day out with brilliant people, plan stan!

Belle, do you need it to be a Sunday cos of work? x

belle854
08-03-11, 20:04
When are we meeting was it April or May?? Yes Sundays are better for me, I do get one in 6 saturdays off so sometimes I could do a Saturday, sorry its a pain but the general public insist they want mail on a Saturday. Lizzie your in a class of your own the compliments could go on and on and on. Your like mothership and we are all your little martians :yahoo:.

Belle XX

lizzie29
08-03-11, 20:43
Love it! Never been called a mothership before!

We said April (title of thread Belle! :D) How is everyone fixed for Sunday 10th or Sunday 17th April?

belle854
09-03-11, 15:15
Oops didn't think to look at the thread title :doh: either of those date I think will be fine with me. Paul your just so naughty, talk about lowering the tone!!

Belle X

lizzie29
09-03-11, 20:54
Paul you're so terrible. As Belle said, lowering the tone...

And yes, I'm intelligent - you mean you only just realised?!

More to the point, reply about the blooming date!!!

Nicky has asked me to say to you both that she's not ignoring your replies on here, but she's going through a really hard time at the moment and will reply as soon as she can. I told her not to worry and you'd both understand. x

belle854
09-03-11, 22:41
Say Hi to Nicky for me Lizzie and we are all here for her as and when shes ready. paul - Lizzie went to uni so I wouldn't try and outdo her with fancy words, bet she reads really thick books full of words ive not even heard off. I think Froggy Paul is another clever one in our gang, hes wrote a book thats so thick if you stood on it you would be as high as blackpool tower.

Anyone heard from Di or Paula?

Belle X

lizzie29
10-03-11, 23:15
Paul, will you CHOOSE A BLOOMING DATE!!! I've asked 3 times now for dates and Belle was perfect and replied about it straight away and all you do is come out with insults!!! (Yep, angry badger here lol :D)

Have spoken to Nicky and she says thanks to both of you. x

belle854
11-03-11, 19:23
Yeah Paul choose a date or your going on the naughty step!!:wacko:

Belle

lizzie29
11-03-11, 21:20
More like pervy Paul from Prestatyn! (And shouldn't it be "firm-handed"...?!) :winks:

Right, Sunday 17th it is then, in Rhyl. What time?

From Raunchy Rita of Rhyl x

Ann-mynydd
12-03-11, 19:52
Hi,
I am in North Wales, can i tag along?
Ann.

lizzie29
12-03-11, 20:13
Hi Ann

Yes, course you can, we'd love to have you! Keep an eye on here for more details of time and where we'll meet. Whereabouts in North Wales are you?

Ann-mynydd
12-03-11, 22:10
I am on Anglesey, i will keep an eye out for updates. ta

belle854
13-03-11, 01:26
Sunday 17th April is in my diary,we could meet at my fav cafe:D, hope its open as they do close during the winter but open around Easter time. Great another member hopefully joining, welcome aboard Ann.

Belle

lizzie29
13-03-11, 17:37
Gala bingo afternoon session is 1.30. So, I think we need to meet earlier than 1 to allow time to register etc.
Do we want to meet for lunch or not?
x

belle854
13-03-11, 19:32
Im going to get to Rhyl early so I can have alook around shops etc first, then hang around the cafe waiting for it to open for something to eat, i don't think it opens till about 11am. Our bingo club starts at 12.55 for the first game then the main session starts at 1.30. Anyone that dosn't have a membership can registar on the day which is only a matter of filling in a card and a member of staff will give you a membership card and FREE DABBER!!!:yahoo:. Looking forward to it should be a good laugh, if its a nice day and everyone decides not to play bingo we could go in the arcades and get ice cream on the sea front. Either way its going to be a great day. :)

Belle XX

lizzie29
13-03-11, 20:12
Free dabber?! NO WAY!!! Am proper excited now!

Well, if there's a game at 12.55 I reckon we aim to meet at 12.30. I'm up for lunch first though, so can get there earlier, as can anyone else who would like to :)

So basically, meet 12.30 unless you want lunch first in which case, 11.30 Belle?

We'll still have time after bingo for arcades, walk and ice cream! x

Pinkella
16-03-11, 10:11
Lol totally ignored!! Pmsl

lizzie29
16-03-11, 20:54
I'm confused! Who's ignored?

Pinkella
18-03-11, 20:02
Paul- ur pretty quick to judge aren't you.....

Ps we all have our issues on here...not just you....Thats why were all here....

I was not laughing at you!...uv read it wrong....and put 2 and 2 together and come out with 6.....:doh:

Ps you only had to ask what i meant and i would have told you....it had nowt to do with you! It was about my post not been acknowledged on page 1!

lizzie29
18-03-11, 20:41
Pinkella, noone would deliberately ignore you. I sometimes miss posts if there are a few new ones since I last went on. I'm sure that's all happened in this case.

Pinkella
18-03-11, 22:08
Paul- no probs :)

Lizzie- thats why i put LOL PMSL because i thought it was funny everyone had not seen my post.....Iv'e missed posts myself and fully understand ....so no worries ...

lizzie29
18-03-11, 22:17
Oh good, didn't want you thinking it was something deliberate :)

Pinkella
18-03-11, 22:36
Geezzz no way :)

Little Nicky
24-03-11, 22:41
Hi everyone:) Looking forward to this meetup in good old Rhyl. Last time I was there the sea gulls were a bit 'special needs' bless them!

Will have to confirm a little nearer the time but I really want to join you so will do everything I can to come along.x. I reckon it will be a good laugh and won't be too nervous this time either (hopefully).x.:D

Lovely Lizzie thank-you so much honey for all your support over the last few weeks - your a little star.x. Hope everyone else is doing ok?!.x.:winks:

diane07
24-03-11, 22:44
I won't be able to make this meet at all, i've got alot of stressful stuff going on at the moment, hopefully i can catch up with you all on another one :hugs:

Little Nicky
24-03-11, 22:54
Oh my life Paul your posts never fail to make me laugh!.x.

Hi Di, I know I don't know you but hope your ok honey.x. It would have been lovely to meet you but maybe another time.x. Take care.x.

diane07
24-03-11, 23:05
Aww we'll get to meet soon nicky.

Paul has fully earned his "naughtiest ever member" title, we were going to take it off him but i'm thinking he was quite proud to get it, thats why he earned it for making everyone laugh by being so naughty.

Paul, i spoke with Jeremy Kyle the other day, so a slot has already been arranged only he said that as he has looked over your file, we have to have a special two hour show as one hour would not be enough, so can you bring along the pink tutu that you insist on wearing on these meet ups as he is eager to see it.

Ta very much xx

lizzie29
25-03-11, 12:16
Nicky - don't get me started on seagulls! So annoying, all they do is poo on your car - what is their purpose?! I'm glad things are a bit better for you, you've coped so well with everything :)

Di - hope things settle down for you soon, and we'll see you at another meetup soon hopefully. Remember to look after yourself as well as others! And as for the two hour special - even that will be a much shortened version to fit all of Paul's stuff in! I mean, the story about the one legged donkey (Wonky) will last a good 45 minutes, especially with the re-enactment. Oh, and I hope you told Jezzer that Paul does all his own stunts.

Paul - Belle already thinks I'm a snob, don't encourage her! And I'm actually quite stunned that you put a nice comment about me - get in in your diary people!

lizzie29
25-03-11, 15:37
I'm quite concerned that most of your history involves poo... although the burping white dust sounds quite cool!

And I've no idea what you're talking about, you talk such rubbish sometimes! :winks:

lizzie29
25-03-11, 17:09
*Lowering the tone*

belle854
27-03-11, 00:28
Sorry you won't be able to come Di, I hope your ok and we are all here for you if you need us. Be nice to see you again Nicky, you should feel more relaxed now you have met some of us. Paul and Poo!! the two really do go together like bread and butter or fish and chips. Hope the sun comes back out for Rhyl, makes you feel better when the suns out.

Belle X

lizzie29
27-03-11, 13:26
Ooh Belle, you're in for it now you've said that about him!

I LOVE it when the sun's out, so fingers crossed... x

Ann-mynydd
28-03-11, 22:57
I wont be able to join you in Rhyl as my son has a rygbi tournoment in Wrexham. Hope to meet you guys next time, have a good one :yesyes:

lizzie29
28-03-11, 23:26
Hi Ann

Hope to see you at a future meet-up :)

lizzie29
02-04-11, 18:04
Hi everyone

Just wanted to bump this up in case anyone's missed it.

Our next meetup is in Rhyl on Sunday 17th April. We're planning on bingo, then arcades, then icecream, wander, chat, etc. Would be lovely to see people there, even if you just want to join us for an hour.

Meet at 12.30 outside Gala Bingo, or if you want to meet for lunch before, then 11.30. x

belle854
03-04-11, 19:57
Youve been missed Paul you always make me laugh and can lift everyones spirits if they are feeling down. Greasy spoon! no way, my cafe is just so fab and delicious. Whenever your having an off day Paul always let us know so we we can chat about it, talking it over with your nmp mates is therapy in itself, Knowing how bad I feel sometimes I would do all I can to make someone else feel abit better even if is just a matter of listening.

FroggyPrince
04-04-11, 12:39
I'm hoping to come along.

Sorry for not saying much on the Forum by the way... I seem to spend most of my time modding the chat room and setting quiz questions at the moment, so I just leave all the other stuff to you lot. Many thanks for organising this!

Look forward to seeing you all on the 17th.

Paul :D

lizzie29
04-04-11, 18:19
Glad you can make it Froggy. Don't apologise, most of the stuff on this thread is banter anyway, so not exactly productive!

lizzie29
04-04-11, 21:49
Oi! I never said anyone wasn't clever! And I included myself in the terms of "non-productive banter".
Hating me for being this beautiful won't make you any less ugly Paul... :yesyes:

lizzie29
05-04-11, 20:18
Lol! I was really proud of that post, my best ever :)

lizzie29
11-04-11, 10:34
Just wanted to remind everyone that the meetup is next Sunday, 17th April in Rhyl.

Meet at 11.30 if you fancy lunch, if not meet at 12.30 outside Gala Bingo. We're planning on bingo, amusements, chats, but may just see what we fancy on the day!

belle854
11-04-11, 18:50
I am really looking forward to next Sunday however thought I had better mention ive got a problem with my back. I hurt it a week and half ago and been to the docs who told me to avoid lifting anything for a week. Im really starting to get worried so im back at the docs tomorrow, I think it should be x-rayed but will see what she says tomorrow. Im starting to panic which isn't doing me much good with my anxiety etc, im hoping ive just pulled it and it will be find in a few weeks but can't help wondering if ive done some damage to it. If they x-ray and its nothing serious and its just a pulled muscle I would feel so much better. Ive been doing so well for months now but feel im taking a step backwards, im worried my back will go if I go too far from home then how will I get home?? Im really starting to panic!

Clio X

lizzie29
11-04-11, 21:08
Sorry to hear about your back Belle. I'd imagine it's a pulled muscle - very easy to do. When did it first start hurting, had you twisted it or anything? Are you in a lot of pain? Sorry for all the questions! Try warm baths and heat patches, they're great. And ibuprofen - you can get the gel you can rub on.
If you're managing to walk for work each day then it's probably not much. Try not to panic, easier said than done I know, but if it was something serious then the doc would've sent you for an x-ray last time.
You're not taking a step backwards, we all have ups and downs and you'll get better. You've come so far, remember to look at the bigger picture. IF, and it's a very small chance, but IF something did happen to your back when you were with us, we'd find a way of getting you home, don't worry! Remember when we worry it's all abbout what ifs, and they hardly ever come true! You were really looking forward to this day out so give anxiety a big kick and tell it to get lost!

You know where I am, text me if you need to. x

belle854
12-04-11, 14:47
Thanks guys, i went back to the docs today as it dosn't appear to be going. Last week it was a locum doc and today it was my normal doc. She said ive probably aggravated a disc as it half way up my back in one spot. I did it a week last friday horse riding ( you have my permission to laugh). When I had cbt I had to write down a list of things ive wanted to do but couldn't cos of my anxiety, panic disorder and agora. One of them was horse riding, I use to go loads when I was little and was quite good, I wanted to take it up again but couldn't cos of my panic etc, Im wanting to do the beach ride in Prestayn and possible a horse riding holiday. A few weeks ago I decided to take the plunge and booked my horse riding lesson at a local stables, I was nervous but cos it was a private lesson I didn't need to worry anyone else as it was only me and the instructor, it was great, I loved it so booked another then another, I was really get into it. They insist you ride with your legs in a odd position where you grip the horse with the backs of your calves but still have your toes pointing forwards, it was so hard and my whole body was tense trying to remain in this position and that was why I hurt my back as the saddle and horse came up and my bottom came down with a right jolt whilst cantering and a pain right up my back. I honestly thought I had broke it, I cancelled my next lesson and havn't been since, Im so disappointed as I really enjoyed it and I bought some riding boots so I looked the part. Last week my manager put me on light duties as the doc said not to lift anything, this week im back on my round but using a trolley which helps but is taking me forever to complete my walk. I'll be ok for Sunday, ive been really looking forward to it, I always do when im meeting up with you guys, like Ive said before you lot are my treasured friends and it so important to me to attend these meetups. I think i just get myself so stressed out sometimes, it dosn't help cos my mum and dad are bad health wise, they are both almost 80, well dad is 80 in a couple of weeks and mum has just turned 78. Dad has a lung disease call emphysema and can't breath to well and can't do much and mum has cataracts and have found something on her bowel which needs further investigating so im really feeling it at the moment so our meetups are important to maintain calm and at peace with myself if that makes sense.

Can't wait to eat at my favourite cafe its so delcious.

Belle

lizzie29
12-04-11, 20:34
Aww Belle, sending you big hugs as you've been through a rough time :hugs:
Take it easy with your back. What did the doc say to do, will it just get better with time? And I wouldn't laugh at horse riding at all, I have a couple of friends who ride and they love it. I do a lot of dancing and it's such a huge part of my life, it's the one time I can always guarantee that I'm relaved and not anxious, it's amazing.
You'll get back into the riding soon, just be patient and give your back chance to recover.

Really looking forward to seeing you on Sun. Paul and I said if you couldn't come we'd postpone the meetup as Rhyl is your thing and we'd feel bad going without you. Sooo, if your back is too bad to drive and sit in the car for that time, then really don't worry cos you won't be missing out. x

Little Nicky
12-04-11, 22:04
Hey Belle, I'm SO sorry for all you are going through right now honey.x.

Really hoping your back gets better, I know how painful that can be! I know when something similar happened to me I was told to keep moving - not to really rest it - easier said than done I know! It kind of put itself right in the end - not helpful sorry.x.

You sound like you have your hands full caring for your mum and dad too! I hope you get good news on your mum's bowel investigations, although the wait for those to happen and then the wait for results can be THE most horrible almost torturous wait ever! Really feel for you there honey
(x)

I agree...if you can't manage this Sunday should be postponed until you can:winks:

It's not looking very likely that I will be able to go this weekend and I am genuinely gutted. My little boy has the norovirus and I'm also caring for my sister who has high stage cancer and she is quite poorly at the moment (chemo week)! Norovirus and chemo should never mix, but they have without me realizing what it was:doh:

Anyway if the meet goes ahead, really hope you all have a brill time.x.

Belle just make sure you look after yourself hun - thats a Nicky order!!!:winks:

Paul - Thanks for the laugh - needed that today - would loved to have met you:winks:

Lovely Lizzie - enjoyed our little drink the other day - was lovely to see you hun - chat soon and all take care xxx Nicky xxx:winks::hugs:

belle854
13-04-11, 17:05
Sometimes things get on top of me and I have to let it all out which is why my last post was more like an essay. My bro is always around for mum and dad, we just take one day at a time with them, they do ok considering all there health issues and ive always got my phone handy and Rhyl isn't a million miles away even though it feels like it when your in a panic. I went to Rhyl on my own last year as part of my therapy and even went into my fav cafe for something to eat and a drink and people stared cos I was on my own but I held my head up high and ignored them, I had a really good day, went to the amusements and round the shops and then came home. Result, I was so pleased with myself. I think my back is on the mend it just will take a few weeks so will avoid horse riding for a bit and ive been using a trolley for work this week. Ive been really looking forward to Sunday and Rhyl, if you guys still wanna go that will be great but if not I may have a day there anyway as its good for my therapy.

Im thinking of the journey from my house to Rhyl and broke out in a sweat, why is that! This is really silly and I need to be strong, I know im ok upto the A55, why does the A55 freak me out?

Reasurrance is needed here, ive done it loads of times, I think its because the A55 is like a motorway to me.

Belle X

lizzie29
13-04-11, 20:25
I think we're all still up for it Belle :) can't be letting you go on your own!

You will be FINE on the A55, it may feel like a motorway but it's better cos there are loads of parking places if you need to pull over for a break and there are plenty of back routes if you need to take them. You won't be on it for too long going to Rhyl, less than when you went to Llandudno so if you can do that, you can do Rhyl! We'll all be there to support you, the worst comes to the worst you phne me from the side of the A55 and I'll come and get you and give you your own private escort (cue jokes from Paul about me being an escort! I now know him so well I can guess what his dirty mind is thinking!)

You can do this Belle, think how great you'll feel when you've done it and you were fine the other times you've done it so there's no reason why you won't be now. x

Chem
13-04-11, 23:58
Hi folks. I'm the coward who's not managed to join you yet. However, listening to your antics around places I know has done me the world of good! No way can I manage an outing round Rhyl yet, though :lac:

I've driven back along the A55 tonight, so thought I'd give you an update on roadworks. There are some by the junction at Flint heading from Chester towards N. Wales. They are short and don't seem to be causing much problem. Paul maybe go along the old road past the horticultural college and on at the next junction?

There are more on both sides between St Asaph and Abergele (when are there not roadworks there?) The queues here have been longer, but will only affect anyone travelling to/from Anglesey. You could always use the coast road through Pensarn, Kinmel Bay.

If you get caught at them, remember me cowering at home and think how well you are doing. :yesyes:

I hope you have great weather and a wonderful day. :shades::):hugs:

lizzie29
14-04-11, 09:30
Hi Chem

What a lovely post :) I really hope that one day you'll feel ready to meet up with us. If you wanted to choose somewhere that you felt comfortable with then I'm sure we'd happily go. Or if you wanted to meet one of us first, then I'm sure I live pretty near you if I remember correctly.
Anyway, no pressure but you know the offer's there when you feel ready. And you're not a coward AT ALL - the fact that you drove along the A55 last night shows that! :)

FroggyPrince
14-04-11, 10:56
Where are we meeting for lunch at 11.30?

belle854
14-04-11, 14:31
Hi guys, i'll manage it im sure, sometimes the thought is worse of the journey is worse than it actually is. Ive got Lizzies number incase of emergency.

Chem hope to see you at one of our meetups soon, it certainly is good therapy to be around people that understand.

Lizzie where shall we all meet first, I say in Harkers amusement arcade as the cafe is only around the corner or should we meet at the cafe and I'll get our table?

Belle X

lizzie29
14-04-11, 22:15
Belle - yeah let's meet at the amusement arcade, prob easier for everyone to find. That okay with everyone? 11.30 there?

Nicky - just realised I didn't reply to your post - sorry hun. No problem that you can't make it, I really hope you're doing okay and obviously your sister. Was lovely to see you the other week, so will definitely do that again soon. :) Big hugs hun. xxx

Ann-mynydd
16-04-11, 22:47
Have a great time in Rhyl, I am setting off to Wrexham at 7.30 am tomoroz............ A55 + roadworks = aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!
hopefully be able to meet up with you guys next time
Ann x

joanne30
17-04-11, 22:31
Hi, sorry Rhyl was cancelled today, but hopefully I'll be able to come to your next meeting. I really could do with a friend right now, as it's very lonely and isolating having anxiety. You sound like a very caring and supportive group, and funny as well!!!

Joanne30x