PDA

View Full Version : sensations! :/ scarey

holly87
06-03-11, 20:35
can every body please tell me there anxiety symptoms they get or have had? as i feel like im sufferin on my own with my own unique sensations and thats scarey! i get ..
aches in my arms and legs and pains!
aches in my neck and pains!
pains in my wrists sometimes..
a pain in the back of the neck that turns into a hed ache :(
should i be worried or am i just lookin into things too much like we tend to do?
theres a lot more but thease are just what im feeling at the moment ..

holly87
06-03-11, 21:59
not fillin me with confidence with no one replying :(

Skin'eadWesty
06-03-11, 22:06
I get a lot of those and more, I feel like there's pressure in my head sometimes, like there's too much blood and then a dizzyness.
I also get the limb pains, as well as pins and needles in my feet and hands.
And neck tightness.
I also get heart palpitations and chest flutters as well, so dont feel as if you're suffering alone. We're all here because we have our issues and are working towards a recovery, and people are very helpful and reassuring. Ive been suffering since last summer with generalised anxiety and panic attacks, It's not nice but I try to be optimistic. Try not to worry yourself, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel, its not life threatening :)

holly87
06-03-11, 22:28
i get the heart pains and miss beats :/ that scares me but not as much as the pains in my limbs and all over because how i think of it is it could be anything thats wrong with me because its pains every where. at the begining i didnt have all thease pains was just flu like symptoms but theyve got and been replaced with all thease pains that really scare me.. youve reasured me because youve had/get them but as you know its still really scarey . im tryin to be optimistic but its real hard its like a black cloud constantly looming over me :( x

lindajane1971
06-03-11, 22:42
ive one of those clouds too holly :hugs:and also:
sharp pains in legs, chest, rib area
heart missed beats, flutters, "jolts"
nausea
almost constant lightheadedness and occasional spinny dizzy spells
adrenoline rushes, tinglly sensations over my head
trembling insides on waking up and last night - waking at 5am heart racing, sweating, very very nauseous.
my family dont understand, this is the only place i find answers and reasurance and where i know i am not alone, no matter what time of day or night you can find someone here who will understand and know what you are going through.
:flowers:

Lola-Lee
07-03-11, 04:02
Hi Holly:DI get most of those symptoms,these days I just know it is anxiety and try to focus on something to distract me from worrying about what is going on with my aches and pains.:)

holly87
07-03-11, 09:12
im trying to distract my self but im not very head strong so its hard to be stern with myself. i tend to listen to loud music and sing along to it. it helps take my mind of things but not for long x

clivjoo
07-03-11, 09:18
Hi Holly,

I used to get similar symtoms, mainly aches in the arms,legs. Id get odd light head feeling, shakey, nervous, ruminating things in my head, loss of concentration, increased hear beat, palpitations. All symptoms of anxiety. Ive gone through the period of self diagnosis, and its done me no good, now I just accept its anxiety, and focus on sorting that anxiety out. ive started private counselling now, to get to the root of the problems, and its surprising what talking therapy can do.

have you tried counselling or CBT?

holly87
07-03-11, 09:48
hi clivjoo.. this has all came really fast for me and hit me like a tonn of bricks, at the begining i was shakey nervouse no energy light headed basically knocked me off my feet. but thats past now and im consentrateing on my pains there everywhere even in my wrists although i call them pains they might be aches but i cant tell the difference anymore and that scares me. my main worry is my neck so i get pains there and aches and just general discomfort. do you think thats because im focusing on that in paticular? i cant fully eccept its anxiety yet i dont think because im waitin for my blood results so if alls ok then i feel ill be able to consentrate on the fact that its anxiety and get better. my GP has referred me for counselling but theres a waitin list. i have a friend that suffers anxiety too (although i didnt know she did untill i told her how i felt) and it really helps talkin to her but then as soon as shes gone i feel all alone again. x

clivjoo
07-03-11, 09:57
it just sounds like anxiety to me.

for example, I used to get "pains" in my chest, near my heart. So of course for a time i thought I had heart trouble, whcih made my anxiety worse, and the "pains" worse! id get that, the muscles in my ribbs would twitch! all very scary. anyway, that was a while ago, I still get it every now and then, but you know what? It was just anxiety. it svery natural to assume an ache or a pain or unusal feeling is something serious, do anything you need to to settle your mind, focus, and relax. If you feel fine when talking to the doc, id consider doing what I do-talk about it to friends, family, and possibly even get private counselling. you will be surprised, it really does help.

I certianly agree that focussing on a problem, makes it worse. i do it myself still even now, I have to stop myself "stop that, Cliv!", but when I was in a similar position to you, id focus on it an dyes, i got worse. When I started to think more positive, focus on other things, convincemyself that in fact its just anxiety, i got a whole load better.

every now and then, ill geta twitch, do i think its anything bad? nope. I just say to myself, oh hello anxiety, go away thanks.!

holly87
07-03-11, 10:11
you give me hope because your gettin through it. i try to talk to myself to calm myself down. i had pain in my wrist the other day and i found myself talking to my wrist i had to laugh because if anyone would have seen me they would have thought i was crazy. but its how i try to calm myself down before i work myself up that much that i get really panicy. i often just run out of the house round the block or something just to try and get my head straight. i think ive got better the past few weeks as iv had people to talk to. but then sometimes i doubt its anxiety because if it was id be havein all thease sensations i.e aches and pains but there not always there. so you see im worrying about not havein something to worry about. does that make sense?

clivjoo
07-03-11, 10:21
yes that makes sense...and if you do a bit of research like i did, you will find that exactly doing that, is a symptom of anxiety! weird eh? I think when I realised that, and accepted it as possible, i started to get a whole load better!

holly87
07-03-11, 11:38
its strange because i can explain to somebody thats in the same situation as me how to think straight and get rid of your thoughts and ignore your symptoms yet i cant do it myself. i contridict myself. but i just want to help others because i know how horrible this is. i need a good slap and a shake i think :) if only it was that easy. thanks x

clivjoo
07-03-11, 12:27
I know what you mean, its easy to draw on yoru own experiences to help others, and yet your still going through it yourself. like today, probably much like you, I feel anxious and a bit tight chested. But, I know what it is, so just gotta grin and bear it!