View Full Version : Nose bleeds

MidnightCalm
06-03-11, 22:03
Anybody get them?
Anybody panic when they do?
My friend said GO DOCTORS COULD BE A TUMOUR
Ughh
Great
It poured earlier then stopped and now it's started again.
Scared I will bleed to death :/
x

blueangel
07-03-11, 09:40
Hi there

Nosesbleeds can be horrible and very frightening - I used to get awful ones when I was a child until they worked out it was because I was allergic to penicillin.

It's always a good idea to go and see your GP if you've had a very bad nosebleed - sometimes they will want to do a blood test, and also they might want to have a look up your nose to check that you haven't burst a small blood vessel - this can be easily fixed though as they can seal it off to stop it happening again.

kah
07-03-11, 12:01
My partner has nose bleeds all the time, some pour with blood!! It may be a weak blood vessel, if it happens again and you're worried I would mention it to your GP.

K xx

P.S. My mother-in-law had her first ever nose bleed last week and she's 63. She was seeing her GP about something else so mentioned it but the GP wasn't worried at all.

MidnightCalm
07-03-11, 16:11
Well
I don't think I'd need a blood test
Thing is it happens EVERY time I kiss people, not just a peck like the kind of kissing where your nose rubs and then I get a bit of sharp pain and then it bleeds...
Apart from that it doesn't ever happen, I think I have a weak nose, when I was younger my dog bit it and it's always been tender since then but I never went to a doctor about it.
I used to get nose bleeds all the time but this one was different, it was SO heavy and the blood was flowing like water but I did get rather drunk the night before which I've heard thins blood.
I don't know, maybe I'm just making excuses?
x