PDA

View Full Version : Sparkles, Flashes, Objects in vision

Jamie C
07-03-11, 02:44
Ok i've been freaking lately but i need some answers without googling lol
Basically my Vision the other day was going abit funny, as if i was looking through things, i could see them but not focus on them or relise they were there. Also keep getting some sparkles and flashing objects very quickly flashing up or a sudden streak of lightning across my eyesight, its hard to describe what its like. I use the computer for stupid amounts of hours a day and am mainly nocternal so sleep during the day. Basically can anxiety be causing all these vision troubles or am i sposed to be worried.... i dont want to go back to the dr's about it because i feel a right muppet going in their and telling him i think i have this that or whatever. I have very high blood pressure, 150 odd, and i've recently had a very bad infection of ENT area, dno what it was but it's gone now i think lol, the other week i had some sinus headaches and i still geat headaches atm but they are very dull and mild, i believe their tension related tho because my neck and back both ache as does the whole of my face and jaw, also lacking quite abit of sleep atm as well, thing is i seem to recall having something like this a few years back before i had extreme HA and was even more addicted to the computer then, it then kinda phased out.. or perhaps its just gone unoticed all this time till now when i notice it and anxiety turns it against me?

replys always appreciated

Jamie

blueangel
07-03-11, 09:38
The best thing you can do for this is go and see your doctor, I would say, as he/she can check your blood pressure and reassure you. These symptoms could be stress-related, but they could also be migraine, in which case there's help available.

Also, try not to be nocturnal - it's not how our bodies work best!

karlwirral
09-03-11, 17:20
Hi There

Does your jaw click aswell as the symptoms you have mentioned?

Lizziesaurus
09-03-11, 17:49
With regards to the vision it sounds like 'floaters' totally harmless however if they really are a problem, an optician might be worth a visit. I get them from time to time and they're a pain but that's it, it's usually when I'm tired and/or been at the computer.

Jamie C
10-03-11, 12:55
Thanks guys

My jaw doesnt really click, altho i recall going to hospitail about 2 years ago when i had the worst migrane ever and it included pressure on my head and eyes.. sobasically i trhink i need to cut down on computer use because before i go on computer its usually fine lol

Cheers

eloise14
10-03-11, 13:16
i have strange vision, flickery sometimes and almost snow like, also tinitus and clicky jaw any ideas, told by drs anxiety

karlwirral
10-03-11, 15:30
They can all be anxiety related eloise but i have responded to your PM. i have been diagnosed with TMJ disorder which is basically when the jaw bone is mis aligned & clicks and causes pressure in ear which causes tinnitus and migraines which affect vision with this you would get bad pain in the jaw also. Its nothing to worry about so hope that puts your mind at rest. Its easily managable and as i say please do not worry about it as its harmless but after i found out about TMJ my anxiety went from extreme to mild as i was no longer worrying about vision etc.

mlh
10-03-11, 16:10
Some migraines are a lot worse than people would expect- and do affect vision. I even used to just get the vision problems without the head pain. It sounds a little like what you described- i would see zig-zags and flashing at the side of my left eye, but nothing i could actually concentrate on. Before that i might see the odd black 'dot' in my vision and if i was reading words would just 'disappear' or jump about. i cannot pinpoint what caused them (as i had a whole spate of them and then 4 years of nothing!) but I had been quite stressed working hard under those 'shop lights' and at a computer-and perhaps that had taken its toll. maybe avoid the computer a bit and see if there is any change? anyway- I just thought i'd tell u my account because when i first got a migraine I honestly thought I was about to go blind- and I honestly couldnt believe HOW awful they are! I really used to think they were just bad headaches! hope the dr can work it out for you! :)