PDA

View Full Version : What do you do at the weekends.

Jamie C
07-03-11, 14:54
Hey Guys

Thought i'd take a bit of a break from posting about my symptoms and worrying constantly about stuff and thought it would be interesting to see what fellow sufferers do in their spare time at the weekend.

Myself? well i go banger racing most weekends depending on weather i can get a lift, been to quite a few tracks around the UK since i started going and being based in Devon its quite challegening to get to some places, altho my local track is smeatharpe stadium about 20 mins up the road from me. I've been as far as mildenhall, thats 250 miles each way to watch some cars crash into eachother, i'm nutts lol! Hoping to go cross the water this year some time to watch bangers in belgium and holland. Mental eh?! lol!

So what do you guys and gals get up to in your spare time?

Jamie.

Greenman50
07-03-11, 22:52
Bike rideing , koi keeping , spend time with the kids , basically as much as i can fit in :D
Can,t wait for summer time to do more in the evenings :yesyes:

Lizziesaurus
07-03-11, 23:46
I like to go to see my mum and dad. It's mad, when I used to live with them they drove me mad, now I like to see them. Other than that I like to go shopping at the trafford centre, I live a mere 10 minutes away so it's a big temptation!

PatonScotland
08-03-11, 00:43
Football play both Saturday and Sunday, for they 90minutes i feel awesome! I feel it on the Monday though, well worth it tho!!!

blueangel
08-03-11, 09:24
I'm into football as well, but I watch it, rather than play it. When I met my partner, he decided to take up following my team as well, which is great and we both have season tickets.

Also, I'm the only female commentator for a hospital radio station in the West Midlands. We provide live sports programmes and match commentaries for people in hospital, and also visually impaired people at football grounds, as they can pick up a headset and tune into a commentary to help them enjoy the game. I've done this for about four years now. We cover Premier League, Championship and cup games. Doing this, I've met loads of people, including journalists, presenters and players. Just over a week ago, I was fortunate enough to get the opportunity to cover the Carling Cup final at Wembley, which was an incredible experience.

I also do a bit of pundit work for one of the BBC local radio stations as well and they will ring me up for a fan's eye view on big games in the area.

Groundhog
08-03-11, 09:54
Bike rideing , koi keeping , spend time with the kids , basically as much as i can fit in :D
Can,t wait for summer time to do more in the evenings :yesyes:

Snap - I keep Koi as well. It’s on the cards we will be moving house in the next twelve months or so so I’m looking at a bigger pond this time.:)

At the moment my weekends are taken up in getting the house and (huge) gardens round to put the house on the market. Also it’s coming up to caravan season so we will shortly be blocking up the countries roads with our fibreglass white box. If there is any time left then again the weather will soon allow me out in my classic convertible (see avatar):shades:got to be the most relaxing way to spend a warm sunny day – drive in the country with the top down – lunch in a pub or visiting a national trust property to drink in the nostalgia.

paula lynne
08-03-11, 10:54
I get drunk and sit on the spin cycle of the washing machine :wacko:

harasgenster
08-03-11, 12:10
I go for long walks when the weather is nice and this weekend me and my bf went running, which was great, loads of fun (but my knees still hurt!) :)

I also do a lot of comedy writing with my friend and write film reviews and draw cartoons for a local magazine.

I used to go to a lot of music gigs and films (about three a week of each, I was a fanatic!) but I don't do that nowadays because I'm too busy with work. Going to try and pick it back up again, though :)

By the way BlueAngle - that is ACE!

ditzygirl
08-03-11, 13:05
Good for you Paula lol.

I like to chill, read papers, go to the beach anything really.

All has to be topped of with sunday roast though lol!!

snowgoose
08-03-11, 14:09
what a nice thread Jamie:)
and yes it is lovely to see what forum pals find therapeutic when time allows.

Paula ............had good chuckle at that :D

and interesting to see how much people on here love the outdoors be it gardening ,walking .ponds and fish, cars ....and creative writing :yesyes:

it did make me ponder though while I thought what could I contribute ?
and what a wakeup call this post is .
from a lass that hillwalked and gardened and embroidered .............to nothing.
yes the illness robbed me in the beginning .......but boy I need to get myself in help yourself mode again .
so thank you for this ...........................anxiety may have upset my mind balance and energy levels ............but there is nothing wrong with my legs and arms thank god .
so thank you Jamie ..............off now to look at some books for rejuvenating my garden .........and talk to my hubby about getting another dog to replace my old collie Meg. :hugs:

daisycake
08-03-11, 17:56
Friday nights usually relaxed night in front of the telly... Saturday it depends on how people are feeling and if my sister's at respite - if she is then we go into town. If not stay at home normally. If she's on full weekend respite can chill out and go into city but that's only once in a blue moon! Depends how mum is too though as she's usually zonked by the weekends so usually spend time cleaning and tidying the house! Sundays are church and then tescos.. I don't really have any hobbies, I tried scrapbooking but I'm not brilliant at it. Used to like going out with my friends for a drink, or round to friend's house for the evening but I'm always too blimmin scared! Even going for a walk in the evening can set my anxiety soaring now x

Greenman50
08-03-11, 18:07
Snap - I keep Koi as well. It’s on the cards we will be moving house in the next twelve months or so so I’m looking at a bigger pond this time.:)

At the moment my weekends are taken up in getting the house and (huge) gardens round to put the house on the market. Also it’s coming up to caravan season so we will shortly be blocking up the countries roads with our fibreglass white box. If there is any time left then again the weather will soon allow me out in my classic convertible (see avatar):shades:got to be the most relaxing way to spend a warm sunny day – drive in the country with the top down – lunch in a pub or visiting a national trust property to drink in the nostalgia.

Seems like we have a lot in common , i used to own a caravan but sold it and bought a convertable MR 2 roadster instead :D
Nothing like some open top motoring when the sun shines :yesyes:
What sort is yours it looks fab

Greenman50
08-03-11, 18:10
I like to go to see my mum and dad. It's mad, when I used to live with them they drove me mad, now I like to see them. Other than that I like to go shopping at the trafford centre, I live a mere 10 minutes away so it's a big temptation!

I try and keep out of there i spend to much !

Thyme
08-03-11, 22:20
Depends on the weather but I do a lot of sewing and drawing. If the weather is good I might go to the beach or even play golf which I do very badly so that's why I keep having to go back to practice!!!!!

paula lynne
08-03-11, 22:29
I dont actually sit on my washing machine :blush:
Im fortunate to live in a stunning valley, so outside is a must, even walk to the park. Gotta keep the agoraphobia at bay.
The sea is 20 miles away, planning a gander on Saturday, its been monthes since I saw the sea. Funny how we take things for granted when we live by beautiful scenery.....

Just finished my Doctor Who scarf...a triumphant 16 ft long!
Planted my sweetpeas today, and my daffs are glorious......
Ordered a pair of spotty wellies on Amazon, the garden is long overdue some love...
Like the radio, LOVE cooking (Lamb Kleftico on Sat, cant wait)......
Spending time with my family.

yvonne_uk_98
08-03-11, 23:07
On Friday sunset start prayer and fast and spend time with my heavenly fahter so peaceful. on Saturday I go to my sisters to swap booklets of our bible studying. spend time together, then at certain times join in with other bible studiers online. my weekends are spent with Father God, I find peace in this. it so peaceful.

Deepest Blue
09-03-11, 00:33
I love to play on my piano / keyboard it helps me feel better and takes me briefly away from these horrible anxious feelings, it take me into a world that's filled with joy and happiness, I never want to stop playing but when I do those horrible feelings return.

I sometimes also go for walks around the river or park.

shaggyowen
09-03-11, 02:24
Party hard =]

Jamie C
09-03-11, 03:20
Great stuff guys, keep them coming :) makes intresting reading :)

Shaggy i aint had a party in a while, i shall have to hook up with some mates soon :)

Jamie C
12-03-11, 02:08
Any more guys? or am i being nosey :winks:

Going to wimbledon on sundayto watch bangers, 2nd time in 2 weeks, great! love it there, the track has such an atmosphere, long old haul there mind.

Jamie

Lola-Lee
12-03-11, 03:08
I am waiting to pick up my car,then heading for Dinner in the City,for International Womens Week, and after that,going to listen to some live bands.

PokerFace
12-03-11, 07:35
Party hard =]

+1 :D

Half 7am and still havn't been to bed yet, love my weekends :)

franfhm
12-03-11, 14:04
Party :yesyes: but sometimes i'll have a quieter weekend, in which I usually spend eating lots!

Earthworm
16-03-11, 15:00
What a great thread ... only just found it.

Friday night is almost always a bottle of wine and nice meal at home with my wife once the kids are in bed (the only chance we get to properly talk and catch up on the week that was). Saturday out and about with the kids - parks, shopping, garden centre, see friends, almost certainly a coffee and big fat cake! How things change when you have little ones. Sundays recently have been training - did my first half marathon last weekend so generally a long run (10 miles or so) ... does wonders for my head!

Jamie C
01-06-11, 15:58
hello :P

had a good weekend, lots of racing and plenty of laughs with my mates, cheered me up quite alot :) what about everyone else?