PDA

View Full Version : My Panic Attacks are getting worse

Lyndypop
07-03-11, 20:21
I'm 16 and have been suffering with panic attacks for as long as I can remember. I've started 6th form and found this change from school really hard to cope with, as well as family problems and coursework pressure to deal with, so I finally decided to go and see a psychologist with my mum to help me deal with my panic attacks as they are becoming increasingly worse. I feel that talking about them with the psychologist is really helpful but brings them to the forefront of my mind, so all I can think about is the fear of having one and has now got to the point where I can't go out with my friends because I've constantly got that fear of having one, I'm also taking some time off from school after having a few breakdowns in school.

I'm now starting to consider taking medication for my panic attacks just to take the edge off and hopefully get myself back on my feet.

Just wondering what other people think of taking medication for panic attacks, does it help? Are there side effects? Am I too young to take medication for them? Are there alternatives?

Thanks for any Advice, Lyndon