PDA

View Full Version : telephone trouble

a-little-room-to-breathe
04-04-06, 18:14
you know when you've dialled a number into your phone and you're just waiting for the other person to pick up? when it's ringing? does anyone else get this overwhelming feeling of panic before the other person picks, because you're terrified you're gonna make a fool of yourself over the phone?
does this happen to anyone apart from me?

love katie xxx

"If I can wipe from any human cheek, a tear,
Convince one man that hope and heaven are near,
Create more joy, more hope, less pain,
And though not one shall know my name nor drop a flower on my grave,
I shall not have lived in vain while here."

Keitharcher
04-04-06, 19:33
Hi

No you are not on your own, people that dont suffer from panic and/or depression get that as well. I remember once delievering a course on telephone techniques to a class of young ladies. One of which was very articulate, that is until she got on the phone, then donald duck would have had trouble understandidn her. Another one on the same course put the phone down as soon as someone answered, these were all receptionists. So I dont think you need to worry over the telephone, you are good company.

Keith

mirry
05-04-06, 07:31
Yes i used to get this, it will pass , it sounds like you are suffering general anxiety.
Its difficult dealing with but believe me it will pass.

mirryx

Karen
05-04-06, 10:07
I get this all the time and often put off making 'official' phone calls for fear of not being able to speak and making a fool of myself.

Have the same problem with answering the phone when I don't know who is ringing too.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Tracyh
05-04-06, 13:16
Yeah me to I have to have caller display on my phone,as long as I know the number I will answer otherwise I leave it ring.

Tracyxxx