PDA

View Full Version : Sharp pains in chest

anx mum
07-03-11, 20:59
Really worried has anyone had sharp stabbing pains in chest? Is this due to anxiety?

sammi
07-03-11, 21:07
Yes or acid reflux? I used to get it all the time,still do sometimes

nomorepanic
07-03-11, 21:11
Bev - I thought you had a diagnosis of this though :shrug:

anx mum
07-03-11, 21:20
Bev - I thought you had a diagnosis of this though :shrug:

See a few doc my doc saying infammation on breastbone, another saying anxiety? Had ecg done weekend and bloods just worried cos pain is stabbing

nomorepanic
07-03-11, 21:22
Have a read back of your old posts as loads of people suggested things on those posts and it will save us repeating ourselves again.

sammi
07-03-11, 21:23
You have had lots of tests bloods ecgs something would have shown if it was anything serious be happy it hasn't your fine:) x

pammy1944
07-03-11, 22:00
Stabbing pains in chest are generally muscular according to my cardiologist , dont worry

anx mum
07-03-11, 22:01
Stabbing pains in chest are generally muscular according to my cardiologist , dont worry

R they?

suzy-sue
07-03-11, 22:37
They are !! and heat applied via a hot W/bottle ,or heat pad helps . sue x

Greenman50
07-03-11, 23:21
I now get them most days . This will sound stupid , as i,ve had it explained from my doctor about muscle tighting , the stomach cramping , the globus and my swallowing issues all being connected via the gullet , i,m glad i get them all as i can focus on the chest pains for example and the globus goes away , focus on the globus and no chest pain . Sunday was a great day as all the symtyms nearly went for the day but returned today :shrug:
I,m not even anxiuos anymore and feel like my old self , well 90% there but still the symtyms :blush:

BEV YOUR FINE , I TRUELY BELIEVE YOU HAVE TO IGNORE WHATS GOING ON WITH YOUR BODY .....try and keep busy , get out etc...and they will go away , not instant it will take months for your nervous systym to get right but please try to believe you are fine

:hugs:x

kah
08-03-11, 08:16
Hey Bev,

How are you this morning?
We've spoken before about costochondritis, my mother-in-law has stabbing pains too. It's a very painful condition and quite often takes her breath away. She was told to rest which does make it ease off but when she does too much the pain is really bad.
I think you need to take it easy, make sure you're getting out with your lovely kiddies for short walks, the fresh air will do you the world of good, and let your body heal.

K xx

anx mum
08-03-11, 11:13
Hey Bev,

How are you this morning?
We've spoken before about costochondritis, my mother-in-law has stabbing pains too. It's a very painful condition and quite often takes her breath away. She was told to rest which does make it ease off but when she does too much the pain is really bad.
I think you need to take it easy, make sure you're getting out with your lovely kiddies for short walks, the fresh air will do you the world of good, and let your body heal.

K xx

Thanks for your replies not good again today woke up 530am with sharp stabbing pains there really scaring me gonna have a good chat with my doc later

Em.ma
08-03-11, 11:29
Bev. Have you asked your doctor about counessling?/had any counessling? or any type of therapy, cbt etc.?

anx mum
08-03-11, 11:36
Bev. Have you asked your doctor about counessling?/had any counessling? or any type of therapy, cbt etc.?

on waiting list for cbt

Sammylou
08-03-11, 11:58
Hello anx mum, are you currently taking any medication. Anxiety is a living hell isnt it x

anx mum
08-03-11, 12:09
Really struggling today chest is awful. How r u? Taking loads of meds hun

amandaj
08-03-11, 14:08
are you going to ask dr if this could be related to post natal depression bev, no harm in asking and he may be able to help you xxxxxx