PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help?

Little Nicky
07-03-11, 21:35
My sister has had to have chest x-ray and it has shown up 'shadows' on her lung!!!:weep: She is only in her thirties and our whole family are devastated. I can't ask the question of what it means but am thinking THE worst and my panic/anxiety has gone through the roof. I KNOW this is so not about me so plz don't think that.

She is having a whole body scan in the morning but I don't know what it is called. She is just THE lovliest and bestest sister ever and I along with everyone else including herself are SO worried at what the future holds and I just don't know how to control my anxiety enough to calm myself down so I can be there and help and support her and my family the very best I can.

She has been so ill for months and in awful pain and has been what seems now like fobbed off with different pills for different 'blind' diagnosis' since September!!!AAARGH

Any advice, thoughts whatever will be so gratefully recieved right now.x.

Thanx Nicky.x.

Heebeejeebee
07-03-11, 22:10
I am sorry to hear about your sister. I do not have any words of wisdom but i would just like to wish your sister all the best . Be there to support her and she will be ok if she knows she has her family and friends around her , it will make things easier for her .

I know you are thinking the worst , that is a natural reaction to have , but it may not turn out the worst .

I wish you all well :)

lizzie29
07-03-11, 22:17
Hey Nicky

Have just replied to your pm. Thinking of you and all your family, you're strong and can get through this.

Big hugs honey xxx

Little Nicky
07-03-11, 22:35
Thanx to you both. I just can't believe it! I'm SO upset at the hospital - not sure if thats justified or not! Her consultant has tols her all along that the awful pain her upper back is 'just' muscular without x-ray or anything else! At the last visit before this he even prescribed anti-depressants as they will help relax the muscles!!!

Mum has bee around tonight and told me straight - they pretty sure it's cancer :weep:

She tried to protect me earlier today from the the reality of whats happening - bless her.x.

Must admit have turned to the wine tonight just to take the edge of and yet I feel numb.

I have to be on top of this anxiety crap by morning as I will be at hospital first thing I will NOT be leaving her side.x.:weep:

StarryBlueGal
09-03-11, 12:47
:hugs:Just wanted to say Hugs to you - that's so awful that you are going through this and people protecting you from bad things. That's good of your mum to come around to tell you the truth.

Hope you are feeling a bit more stronger and be there for your sister. xx