PDA

View Full Version : New member

seekingpeace
07-03-11, 23:41
Hi,
I have been having panic attacks for a short time. They really do seem to come from "nowhere". However, I have had trauma over the past 9 months so I get it. I have become a caretaker and feel like everyone is depending on me and not handling it as well as I hoped.

I am looking for ways to turn on that magical relaxation response to stop the alarm from going off in my brain. I really do feel like a sensitive car alarm on a windy day!

I have gotten a few good suggestions skimming the site, and I have ordered some books online to read. I welcome all suggestions and positive ways you have found to work for your own panic.

I currently take no medication and would really like to keep it that way. I am very sensitive to any prescriptions and can't afford them anyways.

Hoping I hear some replies:D Could use some friends going through the same thing....my family does not seem to understand how awful they are.

Seekingpeace

nomorepanic
07-03-11, 23:43
Hi seekingpeace

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

seekingpeace
08-03-11, 03:12
I just found some good links on meditation and stress busters. I posted them under the links thread. I hope you like them. Let me know if they help:)