PDA

View Full Version : Psychiatrist

Abby1
08-03-11, 08:40
Hi,im not sure if this is the correct place to put this topic but here goes. I went to see a new psychiatrist yesterday and i said that mirazapine was making me very anxious/depersonalistion (in fact i had stopped taking the tablet that day and felt lots less anxious and enjoyed a trip to the stops for the first time in ages) she said that is unusual,as if she didnt believe me. I thought when i got home,its alright for you,you dont have to take the tablets. I have to take mirazapine as i (touch wood) get some sleep from it and if i didnt take it i dont sleep,so not much choice really-either less anxiety and no sleep and cant function at all or take the tablets and have increased anxiety and have to cope with it. I have little faith in this psychiatrist if she can dismiss my concerns. Before taking mirazapine i never had depersonalisation and my anxiety was nowhere near as bad. Has anyone else had the same experiences with psychiatrists?

Horse
08-03-11, 10:13
Over the past years I have seen a few Psychiatrists both NHS and private.
Sadly I felt that all of them thought they new everything about me, when in fact they new nothing!

I believe to a certain degree they label all of us with the same brush. I remember on one occasion when I told one of them that I disagreed with his decision on my problem, he asked me if I was telling him how to do his job! I must admit that I did feel more like an experiment rather than a person.

All they ever done with me was either increase or change whatever medication they had put me on until I was at the point of being drugged up all the time. Unfortunately, I believe that if you take away their prescription pad, they're stumped!

However, I'm sure there are many who practice who are very good but sadly I have never met one.

In all honesty, I must admit though to his credit, I was going mad!
I must of been in order to pay him £150 every bloody week!

Horse.

Abby1
08-03-11, 10:18
Yes i agree,i felt like an experiment yesterday and after only being in with her for half an hour she tried to up my dose of ADs when i said they were making me more anxious! I though how can you know whats up with me after only that short space of time....

geejaybee
08-03-11, 18:17
Abby,

You know your feelings better than anyone else. If you feel Mirtazapine is making you more anxious, then ask/demand an alternative. Actually although I remember the insomnia most after stopping mirtazapine, I definitely had anxiety issues with it too. The first week to 10 days it seemed like a miracle cure as I was sleeping well and the anxiety just disappeared too. Then gradually I was waking at 04:00 and in a very anxious state from the moment of waking.
If your not happy/well go back and insist on something else if you think you need meds.