PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to expect, please advise!

Katie6
08-03-11, 12:43
Hi all
Today for the 1st time and after a few months of waiting i am seein a community based clinical psychologist, she will be coming to my house and i am feeling quity nervouse about it, the reason for her coming to me is that i am bedbound due to having severe M.E. I have always been a bit on the anxious side but have always been able to do what i wanted up until 2 years ago when i got struck down with M.E for a 2nd time, as time goes on my anxiety and panicky feelings are getting worst, i guess being stuck in bed all day ill, there is way too much time to think. The panicky feelings i get arn't really about anything specific, nothing really causes them, they are just there, I have also been seeing a community O/T who also visits me at home, i have being seeing her for a few months now, i requested to see the clinical psychologist as i don't want my emotional health to hold me back on my recovery from M.E. Can anyone give me some advice on what i should expect to happen today, she is coming in just under an hour and i am feeling quite worried about it, silly i know, but it is taking me out of my comfort zone x:unsure:

ditzygirl
08-03-11, 13:00
Hun, it will be fine.

I think she will just ask you some questions, and my advice is just be honest about everything.

If it helps write a few notes down know if there are specific things you want to share.

I imagine you are very poorly, so to have this kind of support might prove invaluable.

Try to keep an open mind hun and just be yourself and be HONEST!! I know that might be hard but they can only help you if they know all the facts.
It might take several visits to build up a relationship so be patient.

I had a home visit for the DWP Assessment and I was anxious too.

Good luck, I hope it goes well and let us know how you get onxx

Katie6
08-03-11, 14:15
Thank-you for your reply ditzygirl, the clinical psychologist didn't end up coming today she has sprained her wrist, and is currently unable to drive so living in a rural area, it is not possible for her to get into work, so today just the occupational therepist came. although nervous about seeing the psychologist, i was also looking forward to it after what has been a very tough month. i know it is silly worrying about it, but when you feel so ill, its hard speaking and explaining it all to a new person, it feel like there is so much that needs to be said i worry about getting it all out and it making sense to others. I so desperately want to get better and what the people who help me with m.e to know about the psychological issues and the people that will help me for the psychological issues to be aware of how the m.e affects me, to have the best chance of recovery.

I guess i should think myself lucky to have these services, there must be lots of people out there who would give their right arm to receive the medical care in which i am lucky enough to have, I have only had such great services since i moved in June 09, where i used to live they were useless. x