PDA

View Full Version : Headache help

stu398
08-03-11, 12:48
Hi again everyone,

I've started noticing a couple of things and it's just worrying me.
Firstly, my health anxiety started quite mildly after my Mother passed away when I was 15, and now anything to do with my head concerns me.

Basically, I woke up two nights ago at around 3am with a sharp headache in the right side of my head...after I calmed myself down, I fell back asleep and woke up at about 10ish. I had a bit of a fuzzy head, but no headache for about an hour, and then it came back. And it's been here since! Its all over and behind my right eye as well.
When I talk it often hurts my head which is weird.
Along with this, for the last two weeks I've had tingling in my hands and my legs below the knees, muscle twitching (that I've had for months) and been feeling quite nauseous.
I'm worried there is something wrong...why the tingling?
I mean, deep down I'm almost sure its the start of a cold/tension headaches etc...and the tingling will probably being down to being anxious all the time, I'm just worried.

Apologies for the rant, and thank you for listening :)

Stu

stu398
08-03-11, 13:26
Probs should of mentioned, I had a neuro exam back in November, clear optics (no pressure) etc...

paula lynne
08-03-11, 17:15
Hi Stu, when was the last time your eyes were tested at the opticians? Are you on any newish meds? Also, how much time do you spend reading/on the internet/watching tv? The tingling is probably anxiety, a reaction to your thoughts about your headache.

holly87
08-03-11, 17:29
i get head aches. i should wear glasses but havnt botherd fo 2 years now. so i squint when i watch the tele and when im on here for too long i get a headache that lasts ages too not even pain killers get rid of it. and last night i had a real bad head ache behind my left eye and into my left side of my head thats where it mostly id i dont know why but its nothing to worry about i know alot of people that get headaches in the same place persistantly. plus were anxious it effects us alot more x

stu398
08-03-11, 18:39
Thanks for the replies!
I got my eyes tested back in November as well, and all was fine - however I do spend alot of time either on the computer or watching tv, so that probably won't help.
Not started any meds, kinda refused to go on them out of personal choice about 5 months ago, however starting on Thursday. It'll do me well, I'm sure!
I have been told by my girlfriend that I regularly grind my teeth in my sleep, which probably won't help either...
I'm just a bit down, as it's my 21st on Monday, and I should be really excited, big nights out etc etc, but I'm just feeling quite ill!

Stu

paula lynne
08-03-11, 22:10
Try and cut back the time spent in front of a computer screen is the obvious advice here Stu. Im sure it will help. Have a fab 21st! Enjoy yourself.x (ps, ignore the tingling, it will go away on its own Im sure). TC x