PDA

View Full Version : So scared

anx mum
08-03-11, 14:08
Been getting awful pains in my chest stabbing an sharp just called ambulance:weep: so scared thought iwas having a heart attack. They said my obs were ok and my heart tracing

nomorepanic
08-03-11, 14:16
Bev - it isn't a heart problem - you have been told that many times now.

You have to stop all this calling 999 and running to A&E - it is a terrible waste of NHS time and money!

I know you are scared but you really do need to do something about all of this rather than just keep sitting on here posting each day saying you have chest pains.

I know that sounds harsh but you are not doing yourself any favours at all and in fact are making it worse to be honest.

sammi
08-03-11, 14:26
Bev your heart is fine do you think all the ecgs you have had would miss something wrong with your heart? I know its scary trust me I know how scary it is to think something is wrong with your heart I've been there had the ecgs etc but it wasn't until I stopped rushing off to hospital for reassurance that I finally believed I was ok and it was anxiety causing all my problems and pains. Honestly you are fine hun its time to deal with the anxiety now and I'm not saying this to sound mean cos u know its not my style but please accept your hearts fine all the tests wouldn't miss something seriously wrong xxx

Katie6
08-03-11, 14:33
I know its scary, i used to be like that, a week never used to go by where i wasn't at the hospital, doctors or walk in centre, with the same old thing over and over, other people used to tell me there was nothing to worry about you are fine, but i couldn't see it, i would fly into a panic and just think i need help now,but keepin on going back time after time was what kept my anxiety going.
Now i still suffer anxiety but very rarely seek the advice of the doctor, only occasionally for the physical things i have going on (M.E and B12 deficiancy) i still get symptoms caused by anxiety and panic attacks but i know that is all it is, i used feel like i couldn't breath and as though i had an elephant on my chest, sometimes it used to go on for weeks because i was so focused on it, i still get that feeling now, but it rarely lasts long as i ignore it, on Friday i had sharp pains in my chest and ribs, a few years ago i would of flown into a panic and headed straight for a&e but i chose to ignore it and by the afternoon it was gone.

If yo have had all the tests and heart lung problems are ruled out, you really need to try and stop focusing on it, because it will only get worst the mind is such a powerfull thing and cause all sorts of very real and physical symptoms if you let it.

Hope you start to feel better soon x

amandaj
08-03-11, 15:30
bev please listen to us all we are trying to help you , but we cant if you wont belive us or the drs hun , we all had pains that last but its anxiety honestly, the more wound up you get the worse it gets believe me i know how you feel, but you got to focus on other things now not your heart all tests are fine that is great please believe them, you know deep down its not clots or your heart or you wouldnt be posting on here everyday xxxxxxxxxx

amandaj
08-03-11, 15:32
forgot to add your heart is racing so much cos your anxious, i would nearly all of us on here have this alot xx

Clairalou
08-03-11, 16:12
Nicolas right bev it is a waste your also taking valuble members of staff away from real emergencies I'm sorry to be so blunt but if you don't start helping yourself you will never get over it! You stop sitting thinking about your symptoms and work through them go for a walk or do a little house work!

I know what you are going through I've been there I suffered from extreme post natal depression and anxiety after my last son. But trust me I never got any better until I helped myself!

Xxxx

anx mum
08-03-11, 16:23
Nicolas right bev it is a waste your also taking valuble members of staff away from real emergencies I'm sorry to be so blunt but if you don't start helping yourself you will never get over it! You stop sitting thinking about your symptoms and work through them go for a walk or do a little house work!

I know what you are going through I've been there I suffered from extreme post natal depression and anxiety after my last son. But trust me I never got any better until I helped myself!

Xxxx

I know its wrong to ring ambulance but i was in loads of pain and really scared i guess i panicked nothing is helping with pain fed up with it all. Thansks for your comments

Lizzyg
08-03-11, 16:35
Hi Bec
I've noticed that you have posted on here many times about your chest pain.

I too get chest pains and palpitations and hyperventilation and it is scary and then the anxiety feeds the fear and makes it worse. Yes the chest pains can be painful!

My father died of a heart attack and believe me if you were having one you would not be able to speak let alone ring an ambulance or write a message on a computer you would be totally incapacitated so please believe me what you have is extreme anxiety.

Are you on any medication or having any therapy. I am having both now and its helps enourmously. What I have learnt is people wont come and find you to help you, you have to decide you want help take control and go and find it starting with your GP. It can be a long and scary road but I think people like us are the bravest of all because we live with this everyday and we survive. So please take a positive step and seek some proper help :flowers:

nomorepanic
08-03-11, 19:12
Bev

Next time just call your doctor - you don't need to keep calling out ambulances. I am sure the doc would see you with an emergency appointment.

If the pain is so bad then why not go back and tell them you want to see someone in the pain management clinic (I think it is called).

anx mum
08-03-11, 20:19
Bev

Next time just call your doctor - you don't need to keep calling out ambulances. I am sure the doc would see you with an emergency appointment.

If the pain is so bad then why not go back and tell them you want to see someone in the pain management clinic (I think it is called).

Thanks for all your comments pain has eased abit. Had a horrible day had a long chat with my doc andshe thinks the pains im getting r through anxiety she thinks ive got inflammation there.

daisycake
08-03-11, 20:58
:hugs: Glad you had a long chat with doc :) I thought they had already told you it was caused by inflammation? Have you tried any painkillers, like ibuprofen or even tiger balm? Hot compresses can be good as well, a lovely hot bubble bath - you get aromatherapy bubble baths etc that can work wonders. See about maybe getting a massage as well? I seem to remember you saying you'd been reffered for CBT, has that ever came to anything? Please try to yourself you're fine - you've had ecgs and ct scans and blood tests and all sorts! You're physically fine - apart from this inflammation and acid reflux - but mentally you're obviously very worried and tired which is in turn causing you to misinterpret your physical symptoms. Hope everything eases off soon, what does hubby/kids say when you're like this? Try and throw yourself into other things as opposed to just sitting worrying xx

anx mum
08-03-11, 21:03
:hugs: Glad you had a long chat with doc :) I thought they had already told you it was caused by inflammation? Have you tried any painkillers, like ibuprofen or even tiger balm? Hot compresses can be good as well, a lovely hot bubble bath - you get aromatherapy bubble baths etc that can work wonders. See about maybe getting a massage as well? I seem to remember you saying you'd been reffered for CBT, has that ever came to anything? Please try to yourself you're fine - you've had ecgs and ct scans and blood tests and all sorts! You're physically fine - apart from this inflammation and acid reflux - but mentally you're obviously very worried and tired which is in turn causing you to misinterpret your physical symptoms. Hope everything eases off soon, what does hubby/kids say when you're like this? Try and throw yourself into other things as opposed to just sitting worrying xx

Hubby gets frustrated with me. Painkllers havent really done much been trying a hot water bottle. Do try and distrate myself its hard sometimes tho when ur getting the pain

daisycake
08-03-11, 21:15
Hubby gets frustrated with me. Painkllers havent really done much been trying a hot water bottle. Do try and distrate myself its hard sometimes tho when ur getting the pain

I suppose it must be quite difficult. I know if I am worrying over something, to the extent that you currently are, my mum gets frustrated with me too - it hurts at the time and you think "how can he/she not care about me?" but maybe we could think of it like this:

He (your partner) isn't worried about my symptoms. That's a good thing. They care about me and love me - if they genuinely thought something was wrong they'd be out there worrying with me and phoning the ambulance/doc for me. They aren't doing these things which indicates that there is nothing seriously physically wrong. I am OK and need to try to help myself get better.

You are fine.

Have you sorted out the counselling at all?

With painkillers you need to take them regularly - especially if you are using anti-inflammatories such as iburprofen/culprofen/nurofen etc - otherwise they won't work.

Have you heard of wheat bags? They're honestly amazing, I have one that fits inside a teddy and I hold it on my tum during period pain. You just pop the bag in the microwave and it comes out all lovely and warm - and you hold it where you are hurting. They contain lavender which I'm sure you know is a good de-stresser.

You're OK but you need to believe it yourself :hugs:

anx mum
08-03-11, 21:22
I suppose it must be quite difficult. I know if I am worrying over something, to the extent that you currently are, my mum gets frustrated with me too - it hurts at the time and you think "how can he/she not care about me?" but maybe we could think of it like this:

He (your partner) isn't worried about my symptoms. That's a good thing. They care about me and love me - if they genuinely thought something was wrong they'd be out there worrying with me and phoning the ambulance/doc for me. They aren't doing these things which indicates that there is nothing seriously physically wrong. I am OK and need to try to help myself get better.

You are fine.

Have you sorted out the counselling at all?

With painkillers you need to take them regularly - especially if you are using anti-inflammatories such as iburprofen/culprofen/nurofen etc - otherwise they won't work.

Have you heard of wheat bags? They're honestly amazing, I have one that fits inside a teddy and I hold it on my tum during period pain. You just pop the bag in the microwave and it comes out all lovely and warm - and you hold it where you are hurting. They contain lavender which I'm sure you know is a good de-stresser.

You're OK but you need to believe it yourself :hugs:

Thank u daisy for your kind words feel like im in a bubble and cant get out. Know hubby has to go to work hate being home alone. I need to try and be more positive and be well for my kids:hugs:

daisycake
08-03-11, 22:36
Thank u daisy for your kind words feel like im in a bubble and cant get out. Know hubby has to go to work hate being home alone. I need to try and be more positive and be well for my kids:hugs:

No worries love, what we're here for :hugs: I agree - and I wonder whether really throwing yourself into different activities with them might help a wee bit? Like going on a walk, or watching a favourite TV programme or something? Do they go to nursery or playgroup/mums and toddlers, maybe that's something to think about? I remember when I was wee my mum had agorophobia and also took pyschogenic seizures when we were out - she took seizures nigh on every time we went out but we still did it, simply for something to do I suppose. You have to fight it, if you dont you'll never pull yourself out of the bubble. Have a look at moodgym on google, might explain things better xx

Ella_Jayne
08-03-11, 23:35
Hope you feel better soon Anx_Mum. I know it's tough to believe that you're ok with all the different symptoms that you're getting but you've been given the all clear and you're chest/heart are fine. It's just anxiety causing you all of these unpleasant symptoms.

I hate being at home alone too since I started having panic attacks and health anxiety but the more you do it the easier it gets. You can get through this. Try and stay positive. :)

anx mum
09-03-11, 11:10
Hope you feel better soon Anx_Mum. I know it's tough to believe that you're ok with all the different symptoms that you're getting but you've been given the all clear and you're chest/heart are fine. It's just anxiety causing you all of these unpleasant symptoms.

I hate being at home alone too since I started having panic attacks and health anxiety but the more you do it the easier it gets. You can get through this. Try and stay positive. :)

Thank u for all your replies im trying to stay positive today getting numbness now trying not to panic.

macc noodle
09-03-11, 16:49
You can do it anxmum - we have all experienced the fear and frustration of panic and anxiety.

The best thing that worked for me was when my counsellor managed to persuade me to try and sit through an attack with a mantra of "go on then, do the best you can" (ie., taking on the anxiety attack as if it was someone trying to "get" me) - it was so hard at first but I soon realised that they were becoming shorter and shorter as I stopped feeding the fear and making it worse.

If you can try that, it may well help.

Keep strong and positive.

:)