PDA

View Full Version : scarlet fever

melvin
08-03-11, 18:08
hi guys
im getting a bit worried i kissed a woman last friday to day she told me her kids have scarlet fever i have been feeling very cold and feels like i have a chest infection or something has nyone had scarlet fever its been 4 days since

blueangel
09-03-11, 08:55
Hi Melvin

Scarlet fever isn't very common these days, I don't think, but it's not a serious disease in any case. I think you get a sore throat and a red rash which they peels - I remember someone I worked with catching it from her daughter a few years ago, but she didn't seem to be unwell with it at all (just itchy!).

dreena
09-03-11, 10:03
My niece is 3 and she had scarlet fever a few months ago, and luckily her sister and parents didn't even catch it off her. You would know straight away, she instantly had a high temp of over 40 degrees and had a really bad rash and red spots on her tongue. And her throat was really bad. If the girl u kissed hasn't got it then it's seriously unlikely u will get it. So relax. There's lots of colds and flu at the moment , take some vit c, and paracetomol x

BKF1515
09-03-11, 10:18
My three-year-old son had it right after his little brother was born. For some reason, there was no worry about anyone else in the family getting it - they just gave him antibitotics to make sure and after 24 or 48 hours he could go back to nursery school as he felt fine. He only had a red rash on his torso and a 'raspberry tongue'. I wouldn't worry - I think as an adult you wouldn't run the risk of getting it that easily.