PDA

View Full Version : Really silly but does anyone else ever feel like this?

happysoon?
08-03-11, 20:43
Evening all,
This is probably going to sound really silly, and I hope I don't upset anyone who is having a really tough time at the moment, but I just wondered abou this.
Does anyone else worry that when they feel alright that they have actually gone mad and don't realise? Or worry that they haven't had any anxiety/panic symptoms for a while so another attack should be "brewing"?
I had a really crappy day today, found out that I may be losing my job (there are lots of cuts where I am working atm, not a great place to be right now). I was subject to work place bullying by my boss which nobody did anythign about and had to move into a new role which I really don't like. I feel very stressed and had all my usual anx. symptoms today, but tonight I've got home and I'm feeling ok, and now I'm worried that I feel ok, as surely I should be more stressed?! Sounds so silly doesn't it, I know all of us on here would give anything to feel ok.
I also worry that the extra stress will make me more anxious, that it will push me over the edge and I will go mad/have a nervous breakdown. I am plagued by horrid intrusive thoughts anyway (I have OCD), and sometimes when I am stressed they are worse (anyone else get this).
Also when I am stressed I feel very tense/energised/perhaps a little high. Now I am terrified I am bipolar. Fear of mental illness seems to be a real worry of mine at the moment.
So sorry to rant, I just feel so sad, and like I will never be myself again. :weep:

sarahblonde32
08-03-11, 21:11
hey,
sorry if things are bit rough at the moment. I often feel like this. When i have a good day, or feel happy, i feel like its a cover, i suddenly remember that i shouldnt be feeling happy. I also cant remember what it feels like to be happy. Stressing about things makes it alot worse. Its unlikely you have a mental illness. But its normal to worry, i too feel sad. Im suffering a broken heart, its been almost a year and i so should be over it, but i just cannot seem to shake it, or him. I end up feeling really sorry for myself!!
just take each day at a time, i see it like climbing a ladder, one rung at a time.
take care, sarah x

happysoon?
08-03-11, 21:35
Thanks for your reply Sarah, take care x

sand
08-03-11, 21:43
Hi

I have suffered from anxiety for more than 10 years now, but i carnt say that i suffer now i no what it is so i dont get into the circle of fear. ( i still have the symptoms but they no longer matter to me, i dont sink into myself anymore when all i think about it me if this makes sense)

I had alsorts of thoughts, didnt feel in control, i thought i was going mad, your not its just a symptom of anxiety once you recognise this you wont worry so much.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Try reading Claire weeks this helped me no end, it all made sense of what anxiety is.

Take care

San:D