PDA

View Full Version : Don't know If I have OCD or not?

Baster9
09-03-11, 01:01
Hello guys/girls,

I don't know if I have OCD or not and I need your help to find out, I had anxiety while back ago (about month or so) and I don't feel anxious anymore but I sometimes got some really wired thoughts that I haven't before, got thoughts if is this really life for ex., maybe I am in a dream, it's not that I don't know this is smth really but like I got doubt about everything, doubt if I am normal, doubt If I am OK, even when I feel OK I doubt if I am... Sometimes got strange thought like, what If I got mad and kill myself, what If I go crazy, than next though am I crazy? And so on... Really want to know is this some another illness or just OCD or anxiety... Had anxiety and panic attacks but I think (doubt again) I manged to get over it.

Let me know please.

Thanks,
Baster

uk23
09-03-11, 02:52
I have OCD and its a diagnosis only a psychiatrist can make really, but from what you have written I would say that you don't.

shoegal
09-03-11, 06:49
It just sounds like you are very anxious and are thinking about the 'what ifs' (classic anxiety). Try not to worry about your thoughts because when you start worrying about them they end up becoming obsessions! Just shrug them off if you can and try to think about something else, either by listening to some music, picking up a book or watching some TV or whatever else helps you. Good luck.

Baster9
09-03-11, 13:56
It just sounds like you are very anxious and are thinking about the 'what ifs' (classic anxiety). Try not to worry about your thoughts because when you start worrying about them they end up becoming obsessions! Just shrug them off if you can and try to think about something else, either by listening to some music, picking up a book or watching some TV or whatever else helps you. Good luck.

Actually I am not that anxious as I sound, however I do have DOUBT ABOUT EVERYTHING. Here's more examples. If I do something some times I think "how do I did that?" "Did I thought about it before or not"?. Other example, watching from outside the window and thinking what if is this unreal life and I jump to find out if it's not or it is (Inception the movie). Another example, some kind of feel that makes me why I am on this earth, am I me, why I am me and not some1 else and other stuff. Another ex. I doubt if I am OK, I'm not 100% sure that I am fine, normal and not crazy... When I read this it actually sounds really really scary and I need to know if this is normal anxiety or OCD or whatever or I'm walking in some another mental illness.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Baster