PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else feel like this?

phil06
09-03-11, 12:23
Does anybody feel they don't enjoy things or have no motivation? Like in the past I was always happy about working and dating but now I feel up and down days some days I'm motivated some days I feel totally hopeless.

Some days are hard to get through or like if I push myself to the cinema after staying in I need to look at the time alot or see a shorter film due to my anxiety.

It's weird as I feel fed up to stay in but sometimes I feel it's the only choice because I feel that I can't cope with feeling unreal or ill or going crazy thoughts if I go out? I feel it could be a touch of depression but my head all seems muffled right now. I feel I duno what's got into me what it is stuff I could cope with before had got a little harder to..work was something I coped with but like last few months before my job ended I was not coping..that's a bit worrying my thought is wow maybe I will always feel this way?

It's a bit of a hole my anxiety I feel stuck in a loop at times with it this week after having a more positive week last week I stated to get anxious I can now predict as the week goes on it will get worse..that's what it does.

Anxiety has always done this to me each attack always seems worse than any other I've ever had. I still fear my symptoms and struggle to cope with them..forgetting anxiety seems the only slight distraction for me but I don't want to feel like this forever..I want my motivation and enjoyment back..this is the worst part of it when you go out and can't enjoy it it really makes me feel I'm wasting my time. :unsure:

macc noodle
09-03-11, 12:34
Hey Phil

Sorry you having such a tough time. :hugs:

I know exactly what you mean about anxiety and the effect it has on everything you do (or don't do as the case may be).

I actually find it harder to deal with when I have nothing concrete to do - to actually have a free day to myself and choose a trip out usually leaves me panicking and heading for the exit!!

However, one thing I have learned about my particular problem and it may be the same with you, is that I do need to have a routine and am generally quite able to function on the days that I need to go to work - on my days off work, generally my anxiety has the tendency to go off the scale!

Do you have a routine that helps alleviate your anxiety? Are you actively seeking work or just having some time out at the moment? Is there a hobby you always fancied trying that you could give a go? (just a few thoughts - hope you don't think I am being nosy).

:)

SuziDusk
09-03-11, 13:13
I must be totally losing the plot I replied, then saw a date deleted the reply as I thought it was from 2006, but then having deleted it I saw it was your joining date, sorry, I think I will refrain from posting for today LOL!!!