PDA

View Full Version : did i have thease before i got anxiety?!?

holly87
09-03-11, 12:24
im stressing over thease sudden pains (like a stabbing pain) i get literaly all over (arms feet hands legs stomach nech head even face) but they only last a few seconds although last night i had a numb arm for about half an hour, now the last thing i need to be doing is self diagnoseing anything else now ive just gotten over the last "drama" .. i do feel more and more less anxious everyday and alot happier but still worry about thease pains and things as you can imagine .. do any of you get thease pains? randomly? i need reasurence as i feel like im takein one step forwards and then two back :( should i be worrying? my thoughts are no where near as bad as before but the pains set me off once again thinking .. i dont expect to be better by the dlick of my fingers but id like to know that im not on my own .. i need reasurence to carry on "upwards" rather than to let it niggle at me untill im back in a bad place .. xxx

kah
09-03-11, 12:52
Hi,

I get aches and pains everywhere and the more I think about them the worse they get! I'm struggling at the moment with my left arm, hand, leg and foot feeling odd - sort of tingling and numb at the same time. It's very difficult because I don't even know if these pains are 'real' or just my anxiety making me think they are real!!! I keep doing silly things too like leaving my credit card in a shop, opening the fridge and standing there wondering what I wanted, driving up the curb in my car etc and I keep thinking maybe somethings wrong in my brain!

HOWEVER, I'm not letting myself get in a state about it. Each time I think about it I tell myself it's just anxiety and I'm hoping it'll go away. Can you say to yourself that you'll give it say 2 weeks and if the pains are still there then perhaps go see your GP. I've done that before and when the 2 weeks has come around the pain has gone & I didn't even realise.

Try not to dwell on it too much. I've done that before when I've had clear results for something and the anxiety has transferred onto some other part of my body. If you let it, you'll get into a cycle of getting over one thing, being fine for a few days and then worrying about something else.

HTH
K xxx

Magic01
09-03-11, 13:02
I'm stuck in the cycle too. There is always something. Cant remember what life was like without worry. I get tingling/numb arm but am not worried as its just tense shoulders pressing on the nerves.
Have decided to go back to work as spending all day at home alone with no distractions is the worst thing for it.

holly87
09-03-11, 13:05
thanks guys . yeh i forget everything all the time :( so your not on your own there. its gettin the pains when im not actually feeling anxious that disturbs me. but hey i bet im constantly anxious without even knowing that too ? xx

kah
09-03-11, 13:21
That's what I thought, that I wasn't actually anxious and still got pain so therefore it must be 'real' pain but GP said people with HA are anxious all the time without even realising it. It's horrible isn't it, I thought I'd beaten it but I'm almost back to square one, worrying about so many different things :(