PDA

View Full Version : taking a deep breath

jothenurse
09-03-11, 12:37
I looked through a couple of threads and found a little bit on this. Does anyone get this? I used to get this when my chest muscles felt tight and I felt like I always had to take a deep breath or sigh. This is a little different. It seems like I am constantly taking a deep breath or signing. My chest doesn't really feel tight. It's starting to make me feel panicky and of course I'm focusing in on it, which probably makes it worse. Is this anxiety?

macc noodle
09-03-11, 13:00
It is your anxiety doing it - deep breaths/sighing/yawning etc - all part of the same old same old for us !

:hugs:

jothenurse
09-03-11, 13:50
Thank you for your reply. It seems like my symptoms move from one then to another. I was drying my hair with the blow dryer just a little while ago, then felt lightheaded/faint and got panicky. Sat down for a minute then tried to tell myself this is just the anxiety. Must be very anxious today, but these symptoms are so scary. Now I have to leave for work and I'm trying to tell myself that these symptoms are just anxiety and not dangerous and to stop focusing on all of this and get to work.

macc noodle
09-03-11, 13:52
Hope you feel better at work honey.

:)

jothenurse
10-03-11, 02:28
I did get to feeling better after I got to work. I also saw my counselor today so that helped, too. Basically, need to keep pushing and challenging the anxiety and it will get better/easier. I went and got my hair done after work, something that is quite anxiety producing. It took almost two hours, with the color, cut, and style. I did get through it though, but sure feel exhausted tonight.