PDA

View Full Version : New here wanting help is this anxiety?

raja
09-03-11, 13:36
Hi all,

Am 28 yr old male from uk

First of all would like to say this is a great forum and it's a good place for people to get some reassurance from like minded people. After suffering really bad acid reflux for 6months I was scheduled for a endoscopy which I was dreading.

I had a endoscopy and CT scan last July which revealed "mild gastritis" and hiatal Hernia. Doctor put me on operozole and sent me on my way, no explanation of what it is or what I need to do? After taking these tabs for 2 days I had severe temperature and other things so my body decided to reject PPI,s. So I decided not to take PPI or any meds.

So here I am 7 months later with constant stomach burning and stomach pains, and dr google syndrome from constantly diagnosing myself with the big C word via google, until I found this site :)

Am scared of taking PPi,s. So doctor put me on 150mg rantidine twice a day
which am coping well. Been on them for a week this is the 1st time I have taken acid reduction tabs since my endoscopy and diagnosis of gastritis!

But constant mild stomach (which is not in any 1 area) pain is still there (for last 2 weeks) is this anxiety or gas or still acid reflux? Or I get worried it's something else doctor has said it's nothing to worry about. Can mild gastritis turn into a ulcer? Am hpiroli negative)

Sorry for the long post but just after some reassurance really, I worry a lot about my health and do research for every little symptom I get so no more google for me!, replies will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Thyme
09-03-11, 15:09
Hi

This is a good site if you want answers to all kinds of health worries.

Can I ask a couple of questions? You don't have to answer me but answer to yourself.. Do you smoke? Do you drink alcohol? Both of these things can cause gastritis. Neither of them will help you to feel well.

Have you discussed the anxiety side of things with your doctor? It may be that you need to treat this side of the problem as well as the gastritis.

Have a good look at your diet. Too many spicy or acidic foods can irritate the stomach. Also high sugar fizzy drinks can make things worse. You are right not to google symptoms but it is okay to google for suggestions on a healthy diet.

Hope this is of some help...take care

raja
09-03-11, 15:45
Hi thanks for your reply. No don't smoke and am a occasional drinker but when I do drink it's not much anyway! I am avoiding all spicy foods that would trigger these things as I have and heartburn on and off for few years.

My main concern is the constant dull/mild stomach pain which is sometimes relieved with passing wind from various places! Now is this because of gastritis? Or acid reflux? Or just pure anxiety? I have even recently been constipated but now bowl movements are regular. The only time when this pain subsides is 3 hours before sleeping!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Greenman50
09-03-11, 19:09
Hi mate

2 weeks on ranitidine is nothing , i,ve been on a ppi and ranitidine for 4 months . If you have gastritis it can take 3 months or so to heal . Keep up with the ranitidine and a bland diet and it will get better .

Mine burned 24/7 for 2 months !

I still get discomfort now but my doctor says its anxiety produceing more stomach acid . It sounds like gastritis and yes it can cause wind , burping and a bloated feeling aswell . If you have had no meds for ages the inflamation will not go away overnight i,m afraid .

raja
09-03-11, 20:42
Thanks mate, that was reassuring :), how long do these stomach cramps last for? Anything that can be done to subside these? Thanks

Greenman50
09-03-11, 20:51
Still get mine its been 4 months , i mentioned it to the dr last week and she said its probably anxiety and it will go when its ready .

Funny enough i just saw an advert on itv advertiseing a product to ask for at the chemist for stomach cramps and it said it is caused by stress and something else which i forgot what it said !

So if theres a product for stomach spasms on national Tv i,d say its pretty common !

The bird advertiseing it was well fit aswell :D

Greenman50
09-03-11, 20:55
Did you mean how long do they last for time wise....3-4 seconds at the most , it feels like my stomach is flipping over . When i,m occupied or at work and busy i don,t get them .

Mines bad today as i ate curry and chips at diner and a can of coke and had a fry up tonight , so my own fault :blush:

Back to sensible eating again tommorow !

raja
09-03-11, 21:05
My stomach cramps are constant all day... yes I am going through stress but pains are constant doctor doesn't seem worried but just really worried that's all! Will I be ok?

Girl_Interrupted
09-03-11, 21:16
I think u will be just fine, the endoscopy rules out anything dodgy! and looks for abnormal growths. My mum had this done and a v good friend of mine who suffered badly from gastric reflux. Keep taking the medication and see how u get on. Anxiety and stress can affect acid in the gut making it burn and cause pain. Try to relax :)

raja
09-03-11, 21:23
Thanks very much, am so glad on finding this site otherwise I would go mad using google. I'll see how it goes and try and de-stress myself.

Girl_Interrupted
09-03-11, 21:27
This site is brilliant, it has saved me from a few melt downs!! You are well looked after here. Take care :)

raja
09-03-11, 21:54
I love it this site is god send, it's really good
To know that there are other people in similar situations....

raja
10-03-11, 22:14
Still worried got pains in stomach sounds like gas pains! When I had my endoscopy and st scan of abdomen I just had acid reflux now 7 months later I have this constant abdominal pain? Can it develop I to something serious in 7 months? (although everything was clear) do I have IBS??? Am really worried need reassurance....

karlwirral
10-03-11, 22:18
Hi Raja

I have to live with daily abdomnial pains due to IBS and Acid Reflux.

Its made alot worse by stress and worry so try to relax. I felt mine was helped loads simply by changing my diet and cutting out all the products i found to give me discomfort.

But the main thing is RELAX. you will see it will come alot more manageable with less stress and worry!

Acid relux is my arch enemy! during one of my football matches last weekend i had stupidly had no breakfast in the morning so my stomach was bringing up alot of acid into my throat it evetually came into my mouth and made me throw up all over the pitch a few of the players were not impressed hehe!

raja
10-03-11, 22:28
Hi Karl yes trying my best not to worry but it's hard sometimes when the abdominal pains are constant! I am on meds but keep think it's not working etc.... I see Wirral on your name you from northwest? If so it's nr my neck of the woods lol :)

karlwirral
10-03-11, 22:32
Yep! Im in birkenhead...unfortunatly. hehe

raja
10-03-11, 22:36
Lol am from Preston lol......one question mate you stomach pains how long did they last for or did they gradually go....do u still get them? I never have breakfast or any sort of structured diet!

karlwirral
10-03-11, 22:38
They last for hours sometimes. I can feel it coming on now infact!

Mine did get alot better once i changed my diet i used to eat rubbish food all the time and drink fizzy pop.

But brekfast is important try making small changes to your diet. Eat a good breakfast and try to eat a more balanced diet should help alot with the stomach!