PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong with me cant eat ??

honeyp1e
09-03-11, 15:18
So went for ultrasound today for gallstones / liver etc all fine just gotta wait for scope on 22nd. So why am I still worrying ??
Am sick of suffering all the time if its not one thing its another started off with loss of appetite then when ever I did eat I'd be in pain like a heavy burning pain just below my ribs and burning between my shoulder blades so I've basically stopped eating for quite a few months then just started eating bread / biscuits that's all really but past few days stopped eating again untill yesterday had a slice of toast and soon as I've eaten I get a wave of nausea & sometimes a heavy feeling either below ribs or just above belly button and bad negative thinking about why am I feeling sick y is it hurting etc am emetophobic aswell makes it worse as I have all these negative thoughts b4 and after eating :( of I rub just below my ribs I will burp sometimes after eating but that nausea feelin stays a while which makes me panic bad.. I don't no what to do anymore I've been examined, had bloods, xray, ultrasound all clear just waiting on camera to go down throat but that's not untill 22nd I can't starve myself untill them ?? My mum says its all in my head as am so so anxious before I eat or that my stomach is so small and not use to food that everything will bother it!! Docs think its either stomach ulcer, hernia or just inflamed from not eating so long acid has burnt away at the lining of my stomach,, but I've eaten other days and never got the nausea this only came yesterday I used to just get the pains but now its bad negative thinking! Heavy feeling in stomach! Can get rid of it by burpin! Lump feeling in throat I just can't cope am losing to much weight and this can't carry on this way my life is a mess doc has given me omeprazole 2a day, gavison when needed, has any1 been through this?? How can I cope if camera comes bk as nothing wrong what is happening to me ??

macc noodle
09-03-11, 16:41
Sweetie, if it all comes back that there is nothing physically wrong with you then that is a good thing ! :)

I know you feel really low and distressed by it all but at least once you know you are ok then you can deal with the problem itself. Anxiety and stress does make you really ill and can wreak havoc on the old digestive system. I have just had really bad two weeks with stomach issues and convinced myself am dying - off to the docs tonight for confirmation otherwise (?) but already I really know that it is just my stress levels upsetting the balance and that I will be fine in the end.

Have you got any favourite foods that might tempt you to try and eat a bit more - or even some nice soft easy to eat foods that may help?

Have you had eating issues before and they have now resurfaced maybe?

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

honeyp1e
09-03-11, 18:19
hi i have never had a problem with eating in the past i have always had my phobia of vomiting but has never actually bothered me unless i was sick but since i stopped my anti-depressants and hit rock bottom i just lost all appetite and then i was feeling so sick my phobia kicked in then i just couldn't & wouldn't eat and then i started getting all the burning stomach etc and now its all bad negative thinking no matter what i get to eat my mind races (am i going to be sick / is this going to hurt my stomach etc....
so i don't eat and if i do eat my mind carry's on racing and i get no rest i have only had a small bread roll with butter and a few custard cream biscuits and one rice cake all day today and my mind hasn't stopped racing and i have a weird horrible scared feeling in my stomach and tight lump in my throat i don't no if this is just anxiety or what ??
i just feel i can't cope anymore i no i need to eat but just can't !!!! am sick of crying 24/7 and bein so anxious/panicky & scared of food thinking it will make me sick or give me pains where do i turn from here ?

honeyp1e
09-03-11, 18:23
am hungry and want to eat but if i go to eat that horrible feeling in my belly gets tighter and throat and i go all shakey / trembling :(

teez
09-03-11, 18:49
ohhh bless you,,i know its not much comfort but i know your pain so well,,some weeks it seems no matter what i try the pain occurs,,its always at night,,all night,, i try eating bland non spicey foods ,,soups ,fish and chicken ect,,but it still happens,,last night i woke with it even though id taken my mint capsules before bed,,the pain is a burning sensation under my right rib,,it can feel like theres a huge lump,, shooting pains,,cramps as you say i can have pains through to my back and chest,,have you tried thin soups hun,,these i can cope with,,might be something in your tummy you must be starving,,:hugs:

honeyp1e
09-03-11, 20:00
I just can't eat anything really as am so scared and anxious today I had a rice cake about 11am (then this feeling just below my ribs if I rub it I can sometimes burp but my mum says its more anxiety as its like a weird horrible scared feeling and I get a frothy saliva in my throat and lump in throat all day I've just been trembling and a horrible feeling something is gonna happen I am so angry and fustrated that I aint beating it !! Am wasting away.. Mum keeps telling me its anxiety more than anything as b4 I even get the food out I go into panic

Mic
09-03-11, 20:47
You sound like I was a few months ago, I lost 10 lb in few days, I too had the wobbles in my tummy and was physically shaking, it does take time to go but I found eating a banana helped alot as they are easy to swallow and slow release, also ready brek it took months for me to put weight on as your nerves and anxiety use up all of your reserves and I still find it hard to maintain my weight but I kept off the scales and stopped worrying and even though I eat alot better now still the weight is very hard to keep on so please try and eat a little and the rest will come in time.:hugs:

honeyp1e
09-03-11, 21:15
i NEVER weigh myself as am so thin i just cry at the thought of me not gaining weight but i no not eating am not gonna gain any....
am just sick of this anxiety / negative thinking stopping me from eating i need to get this negative thinking sorted out and this lump in my throat am having all today is horrible along with that horrible scared sickly feeling in my belly x

Mic
09-03-11, 21:21
Hi if you rub some cream into you neck it will help it relax and feel better, this anxiety is a tough one to crack and I am the biggest baby going so if I can get through this so can you with a bit of time, you should talk with your dr and maybe ask for vitamins etc as if you don't eat and are lacking in vitamins etc you will feel much worse (I did), it may seem remote at the moment the way you feel but it honestly does get better:hugs:

honeyp1e
10-03-11, 02:11
how can anyone get through this ?? anxiety is the worse thing ever & esp me not sleeping or eating just makes matters worse..
what type of vitamins ??
how have u gotten through it all ??

Melissa429
10-03-11, 06:22
hi im havin almost the same problem i only ate some cheerios and a quick mac n cheese today but i do take a vitamin and have an OJ..which gives me some energy..but im not eating much at all which makes me nerves because i love to eat..im also dizzy at different times of the day and weak sometimes too which i believe is from not eating. if u can try gettin banana's,cheerios,soup n drink alot of water..i was getting sick when i woke up..but thank god that has stopped..i agree with ur mom . i think its all in our heads..we just worry..my heart beats fast and im always thinking like im gonna die cuz my heart rate is alil faster then most..im a high normal rate of 100 bpm lucky if it goes too like 85bpm.. sorry im very random..this anxiety makes me crazy lol..i do believe it will get better..we just gotta try to push our selfs a litttle more each day..i also cant sleep at night..i dont fall asleep till 6-7am but once im asleep i do sleep like 7-8hours but i wake up alot.. im sure u dont wanna be on pills as neither do i..im thinking about taking 5-htp for a lil as it worked before for me and mabe take a xanax for a couple days till i get my self eating again..but yea

try vitamins i take a reg. complete vitamin daily
try to eat banana's as they are very good for alot of things
try eating BAKED chicken so you can have some meat.

i know its hard..just try really hard to think "hey im healthy" and remember god is watching over you and everything will be ok..:)

shoegal
10-03-11, 06:52
Hi. I also have a burning pain like a stitch on my left side under my ribs which also radiates around the back and between my shoulders! It hurts after I've eaten and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it (like after I've eaten greasy food or anything in particular). I assumed it was just anxiety and perhaps a sensitive stomach. I ignore the pain and eat what I want when I want, although I have lost a lot of weight recently due to feeling very anxious.

honeyp1e
10-03-11, 10:03
Touchwood my burning has died down just comes now & then just between my shoulder blades so guess my tablets are working for that but right now I need to get my anti-depressants highered up but I don't even like taking them as it is as they make me feeling a lot worse with my anxiety the first few weeks and am fEeling bad now so don't want to feel any worse am just so exhausted/ scared and feel like am just hitting a brick wall with no way out this has been going on now for to long and I've had enough of it its not a life am 28 and haven't been or done anything now for over a year :( its all negative thinking and just BAD stress and the more stressed/ anxious / panicky I am the more I don't eat and then not eating leaves me with no energy and not sleeping ain't helping its all one big circle of anxiety / fear / panic am just crying 24/7 and feel so low I really didn't think depression & anxiety could make u feel this bad but hey I guess its just one LONG bad phase in my life am going through! People say pray, talk to god etc.. And I am a catholic but I think if there was a god then why would he put me through all this ?? I must of been bad in my past life ?? I don't what it is but I no I CAN'T cope any longer! I would love to just end my life if I didn't have my children but they need me but where do I turn ??

honeyp1e
10-03-11, 10:05
hi im havin almost the same problem i only ate some cheerios and a quick mac n cheese today but i do take a vitamin and have an OJ..which gives me some energy..but im not eating much at all which makes me nerves because i love to eat..im also dizzy at different times of the day and weak sometimes too which i believe is from not eating. if u can try gettin banana's,cheerios,soup n drink alot of water..i was getting sick when i woke up..but thank god that has stopped..i agree with ur mom . i think its all in our heads..we just worry..my heart beats fast and im always thinking like im gonna die cuz my heart rate is alil faster then most..im a high normal rate of 100 bpm lucky if it goes too like 85bpm.. sorry im very random..this anxiety makes me crazy lol..i do believe it will get better..we just gotta try to push our selfs a litttle more each day..i also cant sleep at night..i dont fall asleep till 6-7am but once im asleep i do sleep like 7-8hours but i wake up alot.. im sure u dont wanna be on pills as neither do i..im thinking about taking 5-htp for a lil as it worked before for me and mabe take a xanax for a couple days till i get my self eating again..but yea

try vitamins i take a reg. complete vitamin daily
try to eat banana's as they are very good for alot of things
try eating BAKED chicken so you can have some meat.

i know its hard..just try really hard to think "hey im healthy" and remember god is watching over you and everything will be ok..:)

I've thought about vitamins but I worry about taking anything, I worry about side-effects etc !!

FireFlyyy
10-03-11, 15:33
Hey sweetie, I have gallstones and to be honest, this sounds so much more like anxiety than it does a digestive disorder. The fact you want to eat but cant really says something. I went through a long period of feeling really nauseous and had no idea why. I thought something was wrong, and it ended up that it was just me winding myself up over nothing. I have been told recently that I have a 1.6cm gallstone, and I only very occasionally get a bloating like pain in my upper abdomen after eating but NEVER feel nauseous with it.

Hope this helps!
Lucie x

honeyp1e
10-03-11, 20:01
Hey sweetie, I have gallstones and to be honest, this sounds so much more like anxiety than it does a digestive disorder. The fact you want to eat but cant really says something. I went through a long period of feeling really nauseous and had no idea why. I thought something was wrong, and it ended up that it was just me winding myself up over nothing. I have been told recently that I have a 1.6cm gallstone, and I only very occasionally get a bloating like pain in my upper abdomen after eating but NEVER feel nauseous with it.

Hope this helps!
Lucie x

am glad i had my ultra sound which ruled out all gallstones/liver etc now i just have my scope on 22nd this month and if it comes back just acid or whatever guess i just have to learn to live with it its just annoys me i cant eat :(

Mic
10-03-11, 20:23
Hi I take multi vitamins drink camomile tea lots of water, lots of people get through this it isn't easy and I' not going to pretend it is 5 months ago I thought I was going to die, each day lasted like it was a week, I could hardly look after myself let alone my little girl, I just wanted to sleep and all I looked forward to was bedtime!! It does get easier honest, I just tryed to eat a bit more each day, stopped caring how thin I was getting and made myself do things one day at a time, have you spoken to you dr?? If you want to pm at anytime do so I will help whre I can even if it's just word of support I really feel for you it's awful.xx:hugs:Do not worry about taking vitamins they do not have bd side effects, worst they can do is turn your urine a darker colour.xx

Zee
10-03-11, 21:01
Ive been going through weight loss for 15 months and 3 stones off now!!.. It all started with a bout of indigestion but I had been fighting off anxiety for a couple of years before that.
Trying to eat as I used to is really difficult..Back in the Summer I started with tummy issues like acid, twinges, burning sensation which made me even less inclined to eat.
It took until a few months ago to start the "small meal" suggestion..so I have those Breakfast Vitamin biscuits /2 per day.. a bowl of ready brek ( those 2 alone contain many essential vitamins and minerals).
Lunchtime I eat either soup or a small 80g tin of Tuna...then in the evening I have a meal with hubby but admit that my portion is very small..Im up to about 1300 cals a day.
My stomach issues got much better when eating this way..
Ive got to get up to minimum 1590 cals a day which is my BMR and then raise this to min 1800 to start the process of regaining weight..just small steps.
Can you eat a small bowl of porridge or ready brek honeyp1e? or a small bowl of soup ?

honeyp1e
10-03-11, 23:17
Ive been going through weight loss for 15 months and 3 stones off now!!.. It all started with a bout of indigestion but I had been fighting off anxiety for a couple of years before that.
Trying to eat as I used to is really difficult..Back in the Summer I started with tummy issues like acid, twinges, burning sensation which made me even less inclined to eat.
It took until a few months ago to start the "small meal" suggestion..so I have those Breakfast Vitamin biscuits /2 per day.. a bowl of ready brek ( those 2 alone contain many essential vitamins and minerals).
Lunchtime I eat either soup or a small 80g tin of Tuna...then in the evening I have a meal with hubby but admit that my portion is very small..Im up to about 1300 cals a day.
My stomach issues got much better when eating this way..
Ive got to get up to minimum 1590 cals a day which is my BMR and then raise this to min 1800 to start the process of regaining weight..just small steps.
Can you eat a small bowl of porridge or ready brek honeyp1e? or a small bowl of soup ?

OMG am so the same as you i started getting burning pains etc in my stomach which made it more harder for me to eat am just waiting on a scope down my throat to rule out ulcers & hernias, ive had all the other tests bloods, x-rays, ultrasounds etc and nothing they say it can either be ulcer/ hernia/ acid or just plan old IBS and am guessing ts more towards IBS or acid as i have eaten pretty good today :D had one of those days where you just feel hungry even after you have eaten but its still only small amount what I've had is - 8am 2small toasted rolls with jam/2custard creams/cup of tea .... 11am cup of tea & 3custard creams, 1pm pk of snack a jack BBQ rice crisp,,,, 4pm a small tuna mayo on a white ciabatta roll (and i mean there small) then about half 4ish my stomach just felt so big & bloated :weep: and has been like that since even now and cant budge it dont no what has triggered it off as i had the same bread at breakfast and was fine then :weep: and I've got burning in between my shoulder blades aswell also a frothy saliva feeling in my throat and not eaten since as this puts me off eating again but am starting to write down the trigger foods that cause me bloatedness or anything then i can stay away from them but just not sure why i feel so bloated just gives you that horrible sickly feeling but when i have asked dr about it he says its to much acid in my stomach or just IBS