PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this is good?

michellebelle
09-03-11, 17:00
Hi, I have been experiencing quite nasty IBS symptoms over the last few months so the dr ran some bloods on Monday and said to phone in for the results today which I did but they are not ready. He told me that he does not think anything is seriously wrong but wanted to be sure. When I phoned for the results the receptionist said that the tests are ran quickly and if I hadn't heard anything by now there is probably nothing sinister going on. Can I take this as a good sign that everything is normal?

holly87
09-03-11, 17:19
hiya. they dont useually ring you if theres nothing wrong and everythings fine. because im so anxious i asked my doctor to let me know about my bood results by phoneing but she never did whitch annoyed me becasue of how iv been struggleing to cope with this anxiety. but no phone call is a good sign. ring them again tomorrow and explain that you need to know eather way. dont worry :) last week i was where you are worrying abut my results but they were fine xx

michellebelle
09-03-11, 17:21
So I shouldn't worry even if they have only had the 2 days

michellebelle
09-03-11, 17:22
oh and thank you for your reply

cookie10
09-03-11, 17:23
I'd most certainly say that it's a good sign. I agree with holly87, they don't usually call if everythings fine. x

michellebelle
09-03-11, 17:25
Thanks cookie10. I am so scared of having the big c and leaving my little girl behind that this waiting has made my HA which has been under good control rear its ugly and demanding head

uk23
09-03-11, 17:29
I spoke to the gp about that a while ago, they will call if they spot something out of place.

michellebelle
09-03-11, 17:30
thank you Piers

holly87
09-03-11, 17:48
no im sure its all fine michelle. i had mine took last friday and knew the results monday. i know that you just need to put your mind at rest though so just give them a call in the morning. no news is defineately good news :hugs:

michellebelle
10-03-11, 12:04
Bricking it now! The results are in but the doc hasn't read them yet so receptionist wont tell me anything :(