PDA

View Full Version : Fear of taking meds

delta
04-04-06, 23:26
A week ago I was given Dosulepin by my GP, I have chronic hyperventilation syndrome and due to the muscle pain I have my GP things that this will help me. I have to take 25mg each night. I am told this is a low dose. Is it?

The problem is I have a fear of taking any drugs, I fear losing control, becoming addicted, reacting badly....... the list is long, I know I should take them but am too scared to. This sounds mad I know but can anyone relate to what I'm saying and now can I get over it. I really want to feel better but can't bring myself to take them. :(
D

BambieEyes
06-04-06, 10:35
Delta, i also have fear of medication as i dont like things put INSIDE my body..I dont like anything controlling me,however i take diazepam and about to start citalipram,and ive sufferd with panic,anxiety since 1999!! SO i know how you feel about medication.Ive adapted this positve thoughts about medication... IM Feeling pretty rough now.. medication is supposed to make me better.. DONT focus on the tablet, put it in your mouth and DO SOMETHING to keep you busy, before you know it you will think.." hey i took it and im fine!" Then that will over ride your negative thoughts about medication....( i remember putting tablets in my mouth then spit them out when noone was looking!) DONT do it, it will back up your fears...
Good luck
xxx

Fight or Flight? im going to Fight it every step of the way!

delta
06-04-06, 11:18
Thank you so much welshcatherine, reading this has helped me, it's reassuring to know that I'm not alone, I know I must take them, I'll keep you posted. :)