PDA

View Full Version : Does other peoples health issues trigger your HA?

phil06
09-03-11, 17:57
I have found other peoples health issues has really worked my anxiety up. I feel partly bad for them in a depressing way about life but also selfishly worry something is wrong with me. It's worried me in two ways health worries I scan my body or mentally..like Charlie Sheen in the news makes me worry I'm going a bit mad and there's no actual diagnosis? Also my head keeps saying "What if I'm not all there" like some people can be like a bit crazy and not know it?

It also worries me how I will cope with this kind of thing in the future seeing everybody's health issues. Like right now it all seems a bit doom and gloom. I'm 22 now but since 20 I've had a bit of a crisis as no longer am I growing up I'm growing old and it's depressing everything crumbling. I thought two years on I'd have worried less but age is still important to me I duno if it eases as I get older?

But it's troubled me on and off but more so lately..I can think back to times I felt fit and healthy and less anxiety and never gave these things a thought but I kind of think about dying, age, health worries all day and I realise it's making my life quite a glum picture. :blush: Anybody else had this?

Magic01
09-03-11, 18:40
yeah I hate it when someone else starts talking about illness. Someone at work's kid had appendicitis and I started thinking I had it because I had a pain in my side. felt really selfish!
I am 32 and having some health problems at the mo. I'm not coping really well but if you ever do have health problems the simple answer is you will cope because you have to! Better to get your HA seen to now while you are otherwise healthy. Then if you do ever have to cope with illness in the future you will have learnt to deal with it better. i ignored my HA for over 10 years (didn't really want to accept I had a problem) and think that is why I am now finding it hard to cope.
hope this helps. Good luck.:D