PDA

View Full Version : Loose stools during period!!

Girl_Interrupted
09-03-11, 20:38
Hi sorry (tmi here), but i've been experiencing loose stools a few days and during my period and then it stops, its doesnt happen every month, but when it does happen its always on or around my period!! I do suffer from IBS but havent really suffered from that for ages (over a year) so i'm guessing its more a hormonal thing.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

sandy40
09-03-11, 20:41
Hi yes,my stools are loose when im having my period..ive read somewhere is common.x

sandy40
09-03-11, 20:42
sorry ment to say its not every month with me either,then i painc why its not every month.!!!

PoppyC
09-03-11, 20:51
Hi
It is hormonal. It is due to increased prostaglandins at the time of the month (I think) which makes the urge to go the toilet stronger and causes period pain.
A lot of women get this. I always get stomach trouble and cramps around this time.

Girl_Interrupted
09-03-11, 21:01
Awww thanks guys, i did kinda guess it might be hormonal. Glad to have a 'normal' problem : ) I stopped the pill last october and i think also my body is adjusting itself. The weird thing is i dont think i had loose stools while i was on the pill! The other weird thing is b4 i went on the pill when i was 17 i had a 35 day cycle, now since stopping the pill its 28 day cycle!!

Hugs to all :hugs:

kah
10-03-11, 08:11
Just to say I'm just the same. Definately a hormonal thing!

bloxy
10-03-11, 09:28
I'm the same too...I can go from one extreme to the other just before and during my period.

rosi
10-03-11, 10:22
Used to happen to me but not since I've been on the pill. Totally normal.

Mogwog
10-03-11, 10:44
I get this too - never really thought about it though. Good to hear other people suffer too so it must be normal.:)

Laura.xxx

Nutty
10-03-11, 16:11
I get this too, first I can't go then its loose from the first day to the day I stop.

xxxxxx