PDA

View Full Version : random anxiety

munkeyinblack
10-03-11, 08:27
Hi everyone,

having a problem recently with random bouts of panic and anx just coming from nowhere. It seems that the smallest change in routine makes me anx and it is so strong i feel sick and it doesnt go for days if it does at all :(.

How do i learn to cope better with this ?im, starting a new job on monday and im worried the change is guna knock me for six and i wont be able to cope :shrug: its horrible when u do well for so long and then it comes back and bites you on the bum!

munkey :doh:

tracey2009
10-03-11, 12:55
Hi There
Sorry you are having a hard time at the mo!
I too, suffer from terrible anixety which seems to come from nowhere!
I think your anixety has come on because you are thinking about your new job although you might not realise it! The slightest change in my routine and my anxiety hits me, even if it is something exciting like a holiday!!!
My advice is to keep as busy as possible between now and starting your new job. Once you have started you will probably find that the anxiety will subside and although you are feeling anxious about the new job everything will work out just fine.
When I am going through a particulary bad period (last week to be exact) I surround myself with friends although I don't talk to them about my anxiety as they don't understand. Try and lose myself in the TV or a good movie. For a good night's sleep I take Nytol after a bath. Do you exercise at all? I swear by exercise I really do!
As I am sure it is the thought of your new job making you feel so anxious I do think that keeping busy and keeping your mind busy between now and then is the answer.
Hope that helps and good luck,
Tracy x