PDA

View Full Version : Pokey things which i hate...

PixiePerfection
05-04-06, 06:19
*Injections
*Blood tests
*Drips
*Needles

I have always been scared terrified of needles but when i was 11 all of our school had to have mengintis injections..I remember the day well i was crying and for some stupid reason they thought putting me to the front of the queue would be best..I sat on my teachers lap and they help my arm down meaning my arm was really tense..It was a traumatic event and has affected me ever since..

After the Vaccine i got the heavy arm and the unwellness which some people get when they have it..A few months after that my voice went into shock causing me to only whisper (Aphonia)

I still have flashbacks and if i see needles or anything like that i get these phantom pain sensations in my shoulder and hands from previous drips..blood tests or injections it's like i am having them again but i'm really not.

It makes me feel really queezy and i squirm when this happens and sometimes cry..

Now it took me an hour and a half to have my Tetnus injection and i was unwell after that so stayed at the hospital..I'm worried because i don't have very good health..I'm extremely terrified of needles..I needed bloods done two weeks ago when i went to hospital but i couldn't let them do it...It's really affected me and i wish i could get better from the severe phobia..:(

Does anyone know how this can be cured???

*hugs*

Luv Pixie

giddy
05-04-06, 17:56
Hi Pixie - I totally understand how you feel, the sight of blood sets me off panicking. I have only had one blood test and cried most of the morning before it, somehow managed to have it done and then had to go home not back to work because I felt so awful afterwards!!See if your doctor can refer you to a cognitive behaviour therapist, it might help.
Love Helen