PDA

View Full Version : moles!!!!!!!! scared!

leanne1980
10-03-11, 11:06
Hi everyone
i ended up talking a lady on the buds yesterday who told me she had moles that went cancerous, so i got home looked at my back where i have 3 large moles, when i mean big i mean, smaller than a penny but bigger than a pencil rubber size, theyve always been raised and they have spread a little, i went to drs a while back he said they are fine leave well alone. anyway i looked at them closely in a mirror and they havent changed in size, or dont itch or anything but im sure one has like a darker brown/black spot in it, like a pencil nib has just poked it sort of size.

i cant stop looking at it now, what if its cancer??? god i cant cope with worrying, my kids need me. do all changes like this mean its bad??

im going to the drs on monday, he'll probably refer me, if its bad what do they do??

feel sick now
Leanne x

tinycritter
10-03-11, 11:25
Hi Leanne,

First, try not to worry, easier said than done I know. Moles can change and freak us out without there being anything sinister going on. My mum has had one all her life that suddenly started bleeding for no apparent reason one day a few years back, she had it checked and it was fine, just one of those things that can't be explained. I've got tons of moles, and one has a slightly raised, darker spot just off-centre of it, it's been there for about 15 years now (the dark spot that is, I've had the mole itself since I was a baby) . I'm sure your GP will reassure you that there's nothing to be concerned about, so try to relax as much as you can.

All the best, Tiny x

bloxy
10-03-11, 11:29
Moles have pores and hair follicles in them just like any other part of the skin and these can sometimes appear as little dark specks/spots in them.

Sometimes also if your clothing or something has been rubbing the mole it can cause something like this.

Definitely go the docs for you own peace of mind but I am sure you don't have anything to worry about:hugs:

fredwantstofeelgood
10-03-11, 14:46
Melanoma is my major worry of the moment. I have several of the sort of moles you describe, and i have small ones with irregular borders (like one with a little lighter bit that juts out). I have an appointment with a dermatologist at the end of the month, but like you, my gp reckons ive nothing to worry about.

It seems to me, that the ABCDE rules are just rules in general to go by, and defo have anything checked just to be sure, but just because you fit into these rules it doesnt mean the mole is definately cancerous, infact nearly everyone ive asked says they have moles that are not perfectly symmetrical or have different colours/borders etc.