PDA

View Full Version : Dreams and sertraline

Lizzyg
10-03-11, 12:13
I have been taking Sertraline now for 3 1/2 weeks.

At first I couldn't stop sleeping and now I'm having trouble sleeping!
Getting asleep ok I wake at 3am and then the dreams start they are vivid and strange. They wake me every hour! Is this normal when taking AD's. Some mornings I'm exhausted as I've been so busy in my head during the night!
:unsure:

lilly123
10-03-11, 16:51
I have been taking Sertraline now for 3 1/2 weeks.

At first I couldn't stop sleeping and now I'm having trouble sleeping!
Getting asleep ok I wake at 3am and then the dreams start they are vivid and strange. They wake me every hour! Is this normal when taking AD's. Some mornings I'm exhausted as I've been so busy in my head during the night!
:unsure:

Hi Lizzy
I am now on my third week on sertraline. I am still sleeping fine at the moment but I have noticed my anxiety is quite bad of a morning as soon as I open my eyes but then I am okay as the morning goes on. My dreams are strange though. Hope you get a good night sleep tonight x

FaithInHim
13-03-11, 21:54
Mornings were definitely the worst for me for quite awhile. I would start doing deep breathing exercises as soon as I woke up and this seemed to help. I'm at 10 weeks now and the morning anxiety has really died down.

haz
14-03-11, 00:22
I find this post very interesting. I am on week 7 of sertraline 50mg. Had the weirdest dreams, nightmares in fact last night (but I got those on seroxat too). I also wake up some (most) mornings feeling very agitated but usually feel better as the days goes on. Unfortunately, Fri, Sat and Today I've felt pretty bad all day :unsure: I really hope this is just a blip cos I've been on five different ad's in the past year.