PDA

View Full Version : I'm like a modern day Humpty Dumpty!!

Lizziesaurus
10-03-11, 16:18
First day back at work today, mood shot up sometime last night so granted I was a little over-enthusiastic shall we say at work this morning, but never did I see the day ending like this!
The day started well, work was going good, everyone was being friendly and asking how I am etc then I had to go and board a flight, normal execept someone had to go and stand outside and direct passengers so I said 'I'll go I'll go, I don't need a coat, I want some fresh air' you get the picture, so I went downstairs with 2 others and as I went to step outside I didn't see there was a step (the 'step' sign was on the other side of the bloody door!) and boom, totally missed it my feet all twisted but I managed to catch myself. However then my foot started hurting so I hobbled around for the rest of the day, I put an accident report in,I wonder if I can claim? :wink: Anyway, I've now had to go and get it checked out, I've sprained it and been told not to drive for 4-5 days, so I had to ring work, say unless they can get me in I can't come. Luckily we've come to the agreement that I take my next 3 working days off and pay them back later on and take my normal 2 days off. Hopefully this should keep me out of trouble for being off again, so soon, even this is a record for me :blush:

Anyway, I guess I want a little sympathy for my own stupidity, although I'm not complaining I'll get to sleep tonight, I've been awake since 10:30 yesterday morning :scared15:

macc noodle
10-03-11, 22:00
Ooooh nooooooooooo Lizz - poor you!

I think that it may well be called Sod's Law ? Anyway, glad you managed to negotiate with the bosses so that you are all happy and glad that nothing is broken :)

Take care and rest that foot!