PDA

View Full Version : New to the site but not new to anxiety

hollie1586
10-03-11, 16:52
Hi

At this moment i am going through a period of anxiety and one of my problems today is that i have noticed that my arm, from my elbow and down, starts to shake/tremor when i have it in a certain position. Mostly happens when i am holding something, lift my hand off a table, clench my fist etc. I have been feeling quite nervy over the past couple of weeks. So just want some advice and reassurance really. Would be good to chat to people with similar problems.

Hollie

nomorepanic
10-03-11, 16:53
Hi hollie1586

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

holly87
10-03-11, 18:34
hi hollie.. i get the same i had my phone in my hand today txting and my hand was shakeing but when i put mu phone down it stopped and then i picked it up again and it started again.. trapped nerve? most certainely :) so your not on your own and it is normal x

Rachieroo
10-03-11, 19:48
Hi, Hollie, I'm new too after joining last night. I am also going through a very anxious time at the moment, so I have a little idea of what you're going through. I often get that shaky hand syndrome but I really wouldn't worry about it, like holly87 just mentioned, its probably down to the way the muscle/nerve is lying at the time, I find I get that whether I am going through an anxious time or not. However, it doesnt detract from the fact that your finding yourself in a troublesome period at the moment and so hopefully we can all work together to make ourselves feel better and cope a little with our symptoms xx

hollie1586
11-03-11, 00:13
thanks everyone for your replies! just being on this site makes me feel a bit calmer, glad i came across it!