PDA

View Full Version : waking with palpatations and feeling faint

molly36
10-03-11, 18:31
Hi there yet again i have had another terrible attack of palps that woke me up ,i think i was just going to sleep or just fell asleep im not sure .The first time i awoke i felt kike my throat had closed so i awoke from that but tuned ove and went back to sleep but not long after that i awoke again with terrible eratic heat beat and it going very fast ,i felt faint this time with it sort of like my bp had dopped ,then i couldnt catch my beath and my heart started to go out of control it was acing.I ended up at a&e and had ecg and they said i was sinus tachicardia .So it came down and went back to normal ,they said yet again a panic attack .But i said i felt faint when i was having the palps but they just said there nothing wong it was a bad panic attack.Its the faint feeling and beathlessness im woied about .Ive had echo about 3 yeas ago and a 7 day tape on 3 years ago but had no symptoms when it was on.Ive had umpteen ecgs .I Really am worried about why this felt different .Its like my heat goes in to a really irregular rythm while im asleep and this what wakes me up to terribly fast beats .THIS only seems to happen when im sleeping o going to sleep but not every night.I do still have flutters and ectopics duing the day but they dont scare me as much as this night time attack.I really hate it but all i keep being told is it is anxiety but these attacks are so forcefull and scary.. Has anyone else suffered this way kind regards molly

molly36
10-03-11, 20:35
Anyone ?

karlwirral
10-03-11, 20:38
Hi Molly!

Yep ive had these too because you have gotten into a circle of thinking about these being worse at night that usually makes them worse!

Try to relax when going to bed. Read a book or have tv on whislt drifting off. (set to a timer to turn itself off in 30 mins) this helps me relax so much just listening to the tv whilst falling asleep.

Ella_Jayne
10-03-11, 21:41
I get this at night sometimes and I call it a 'jumpy' heart. I've woken with palpitations before and had them then throughout the day but I'm still here ;)

From the amount of tests you've had you can rest assured that you don't have a heart problem. Having anxiety at night and when you wake up is very classic for an anxiety/panic sufferer. But your heart is fine. Palps are harmless and anxiety makes them worse.

I feel faint sometimes when I have palps and I've felt breathless too but I think that's all the adrenaline being released when I have one as I panic straight away. I'm sure you're fine. Try and relax. :)

LucyR
11-03-11, 01:25
Hi, Ive woken in a state quite a few times, fast heart beat, feeling sick and feeling faint, it is awfull, so I know what you are going through with this.

Typer
11-03-11, 02:18
hate it when they make you light headed or as though you will faint - I think that part is the most scary

molly36
11-03-11, 12:33
Thank you all for your replies i am always gratefull kind regards molly