PDA

View Full Version : Lack of concentration

lisa p
05-04-06, 09:58
Just lately I seem to be losing the plot! Just can't seem to concentrate on anything, I work for my husband at home and where as a few weeks back I would do loads during the day, just lately I will start typing, then go and sort some washing out, then leave that half way through and put the kettle on, and come the end of the day I have actually done nothing. Just have a really uneasy feeling, so hard to describe. Still practically housebound, still havent started taking the Paroxtene, my husband wants me to take them when he comes back from holiday with my son, so that he is about if I need him. Am I normal?

Lisax

Karen
05-04-06, 10:05
Hi Lisa

This is entirely normal and many people with anxiety/depression have memory problems and problems concentrating. This is often, in my case at least, partly due to having so many other thoughts going round in my head that I have not head space for anything else.

These posts may help:

Not sure where to post (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3583)
Anxiety and how it effects your memory (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6089)

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

lisarose
05-04-06, 10:31
Hi Lisa, I know what you mean. I used to find it hard to concentrate on anything other than my anxiety symptoms and never got round to doing anything. I start the day off now by making a list of the things I have to do such as the household chores etc and try to do a little at a time and tick them off when they are done. Somedays I may only manage a couple of tasks but know that I have at least done something constructive with my time. The key is not to beat yourself up if you don't manage all the tasks you have written down as you can always carry on the next day. I find that keeping busy helps to keep my mind off my anxiety symptoms but I still get days when I don't feel like doing anything as I have too much going on in my head. I am 38 weeks pregnant at the moment and am far too tired to do much at the moment and can't seem to concentrate on anything but the thought of giving birth which terrrifies me even though it is my third child, so I trying hard not to feel guilty if the housework doesn't get done, I just give my partner the list and hope he does it!!!
Hope this helps to reassures you that you are perfectly normal so try not to be too hard on yourself.
Take care
Lisax

mirry
05-04-06, 12:38
Yes , you are very normal.

I get very forgetfull and now i just think - SO WHAT,
Just do things at your own pace and if its not done theres always tomorrow, I tell my husband if his work clothes arnt ironed, well you know where the iron is LOL.

mirryx

Keitharcher
05-04-06, 19:49
Hi

Yes you are normal dont go thinking otherwise or you ill open a can of worms. Try relaxation and focus that may help improve your concentration level and dont have a millioin things to do all at the same time. Hopefully you will soon be on your top level again

Keith

matthew.1990
30-11-10, 17:39
Just lately I seem to be losing the plot! Just can't seem to concentrate on anything, I work for my husband at home and where as a few weeks back I would do loads during the day, just lately I will start typing, then go and sort some washing out, then leave that half way through and put the kettle on, and come the end of the day I have actually done nothing. Just have a really uneasy feeling, so hard to describe. Still practically housebound, still havent started taking the Paroxtene, my husband wants me to take them when he comes back from holiday with my son, so that he is about if I need him. Am I normal?

Lisax
Hi, i too am familiar with the description of your post, would i be right in saying you feel as if you are in a place but your kind of not? I suddenly have a very short memory span and not concentrate on anything what so ever, have you spoke with any professionals about it? thanks.