PDA

View Full Version : Going back into Full time work/ Education

Jamie C
10-03-11, 22:21
Ok guys, slightly different issue here!!

I've been out of work for nealy 3 years this summer.. and haven't been in full time education since june 2009 after college stabbed me in the back and made it so i couldnt back on to complete level 3 of motor vehicle repair. Anyway i started signing on in july 2010 and have beeing doing so since with no luck.. i'm now at the stage were they have enrolled me with a company that help doley's find work experiance placements.. this starts on monday and i really aint looking forward to it... not because of the work bit but because i'm no good at meeting new people and doing new things by myself without guidance.. its totally silly but thats the way it is...

So anybody got any tips for going back into work/education (its classed as work based training, like an apprentiship)

Cheers Jamie

macc noodle
10-03-11, 22:33
Hey Jamie

Look at it this way - you will not be the only one feeling like this on the first day and I am sure that the tutors on the course will be very supportive and more than happy to give you guidance.

Tell them the problems you have and they should work with you rather than against you because, at the end of the day, they will get paid more if they are successful at getting you off JSA and into paid employment and they will not succeed at that unless they help you try and overcome your difficulties.

Know it will be hard for you on the first day but, chin up hon, and go and get 'em :)

karlwirral
10-03-11, 22:36
Ive been on one of these and they are fine. Nothing to worry about at all luckily i found employment so didnt have to keep going.

Hope it goes well jamie

Jamie C
14-03-11, 02:09
Thanks guys :)

Proper crapping it about tomorrow... today even i should be in bed!! First early start in ages lol

Jamie