PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here

mumofthree
11-03-11, 07:45
My name is Elaine and I live in Australia. I have 3 teenage children and a husband. Stress has been getting the better of me for the last few years and I finally went to the doctor and did something about it. I have just started a course of sertraline and hoping life will get better soon.

I haven't been sleeping, I've been edgy and lashing out, stressed out over little things, stressed over the many arguments my hubby has with 17yr old son. The list goes on.

diane07
11-03-11, 07:48
Hi mumofthree

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Rachieroo
11-03-11, 18:46
Hi Elaine, I'm new here too, I joined about 2 days ago. I'm feeling much the same as you, my job is really stressful at the moment and its bringing my depression/anxiety to the surface. Im finding it hard to not feel edgy and it results in my either feeling like I cant cope or that I end up hurting those around me that have done nothing wrong, like my fiance, my parents etc. I've got to the stage where on times nothing interests me anymore and I just cant be bothered with things like seeing friends etc. I went to the GP, who didnt really do much, so I'm hoping that whilst I won't find a cure on here, I can talk to ppl about things without being scared of being stereotyped or branded a "nutter" etc.
I think that most medication takes a while to start having an effect, so fingers crossed you may start feeling a little better soon and can relax a bit more about things xx

paula lynne
11-03-11, 21:09
Hi Elaine, welcome aboard, good to have you with us! Give the meds some time to kick in, Im sure youll be feeling much better soon x:welcome: