PDA

View Full Version : agroaphobic sucess

bomberbeamish
11-03-11, 08:56
lately im doing really good, small steps,, but ive been going to the gym and manage to take my little girl to play group, normally my friend
takes her for me,, , so its not alot ,, but is to me, im very proud. :)

london
11-03-11, 11:51
your doing well dont get to well or your be
stalking me lol
god bless well done

shoegal
12-03-11, 00:07
WELL DONE! :yesyes:

That is a huge achievement and you should be proud of yourself xxx :flowers:

supersleuth
11-04-11, 02:36
Congrats! I am an agoraphobic currently in relapse so I know what a great accomplishment this is and thanks for posting your triumph :)

paula lynne
11-04-11, 10:11
Im SO pleased for you! This is a fantastic acheivement and gives hope to others, thanks for posting. :yahoo:
P x

jude uk
15-04-11, 05:49
Any step forward is just that...a step in the right direction

I have come to terms with agoraphobia and realise that it is never going to hurt me in any way at all.
Uncomfortable.......yes
panic at times........yes
feel like running from the situation......yes

but I dont run and I get on with what I have to do.

So what changed?

The agoraphobia did not change
The panic attacks did not change

The one thing that did change was me and how I viewed everything. I had a choice, live in the hell or face the fear and do it. Well as you can see I faced the fear.
The more you face the fear, the less control it has over you. I wont pretend that I dont have some of the fears as I get on the train to go 50 miles there and 50 miles back but its does not stop me from doing it.
But it is one step at a time and a pat on the back for just each step and no negative self hate if at times its 2 steps forward and one step back.

Everyone has their own method to cope and we do whatever it takes to move forward. I know someone that has calming music playing for their whole journey. Another person writes on a pad about how they feel, another takes their laptop to focus on....does it matter how we cope? NO just as long as we do and by doing one thing at a time we will find that we can do more and more....
keep taking the steps

belle854
25-04-11, 16:24
Even the smallest of steps is an achievement, so posting what you have managed to do gives others hope and courage to try themselves.