PDA

View Full Version : Panicky - help

jothenurse
11-03-11, 12:38
This is really hard to talk about. I have irritable bowel and I woke up around midnight with terrible cramps. I'm assuming that it is IBS because it seemed like it was. After going to the bathroom a few times my heart started pounding and I ended up having to take a small amount of ativan at 1:30 AM and had to get in the car and drive to calm down. I have tachycardia bad when I have panic attacks. The problem is this morning I still have cramping and need to go to the bathroom, but everytime I try to go my heart just starts pounding and I get scared and stop. I am very nervous and my heart is around 106, just sitting here and I am very scared. Not sure what to do. Does this happen to anybody? Now I'm wondering if I'm sick instead of IBS, but I don't have a fever or anything else. Just need to go to the bathroom and my heart is pounding. HELP

LucyR
11-03-11, 12:53
Hi, I get sore stomach on the left hand side sometimes, it is like wind and it seems to go up round my waist and towards my back, is this what you get? I don't get the rapid heart beat at the same time though.

honeyp1e
11-03-11, 14:11
This is really hard to talk about. I have irritable bowel and I woke up around midnight with terrible cramps. I'm assuming that it is IBS because it seemed like it was. After going to the bathroom a few times my heart started pounding and I ended up having to take a small amount of ativan at 1:30 AM and had to get in the car and drive to calm down. I have tachycardia bad when I have panic attacks. The problem is this morning I still have cramping and need to go to the bathroom, but everytime I try to go my heart just starts pounding and I get scared and stop. I am very nervous and my heart is around 106, just sitting here and I am very scared. Not sure what to do. Does this happen to anybody? Now I'm wondering if I'm sick instead of IBS, but I don't have a fever or anything else. Just need to go to the bathroom and my heart is pounding. HELP

OMG i thought this was just me when my stomach starts and i get the feelings i need to run the loo my heart starts to pound and i have a panic attack and cant get myself to actually sit on the loo or if i really have to go i try be as quick as possible i don't no why this is happening to me lately but i thought it was just me why do i panic if i need to open my bowels !!

victorialouise
11-03-11, 14:36
My friend as this and he read a magazine about bimuno its meant to help with it not sure as not seen him for awhile as hes on is hols as anyone tried it there is a website explaining what it does and how it can help :hugs: xxxx

jothenurse
13-03-11, 17:17
I finally calmed myself that morning I was having the irritable bowel attack, my pulse came down, then I could go to the bathroom. It was awful for awhile though. My heart was just pounding.
Just need to calm oneself, which is very hard to do.

blueangel
14-03-11, 10:57
I get this the other way round - I will sometimes get tachycardia if I really need to "go" and it's relieved very quickly by going to the loo. I'll get really panicky if it's not possible to go immediately (e.g. whilst driving or out shopping)

I've had this intermittently for ages and have found a few other people on here get like this as well, so have come to the conclusion that it's either anxiety-related or hormonal, as it's definitely got worse since I went perimenopausal.