PDA

View Full Version : Ecitalopram and Fluanxol (flupentixol)

shotokansho
11-03-11, 12:56
Hi there. I have been on 15mg of Escit for a while now and I am very settled on it. However my nerves were still quite bad and my obsessions at night time were still up and down so my GP prescribed me Fluanxol which is also flupentixol. I am so scared of taking it, has anyone ever had this before? And would it effect my Escit?

Kez xx

smb25
12-03-11, 15:48
Hi,

I've never taken Fluanxol so can't say but if your doctor is aware that you are on Escit and he has prescribed the flu then I am sure it will be fine. I don't think he would give it to you otherwise.

Dont' worry kez, you will be fine i'm sure x

Anxious-in-Canada
12-03-11, 21:17
hi Kez,

Sorry I can't be of help with this one as I don't know much about that med.

I agree with SMB though that your doctor knows how these meds interact. If you are not certain can you contact your doctor and discuss it further? Perhaps get your concerns addressed...

Take care

rosebud
13-03-11, 11:02
Hi i'me taking flupentixol. have been taking it on and off since 2007. I haven't experienced any problems with it apart from weight gain. in my case thats a good thing. i'me taking 0.5 micrograms. What dose have you been precribed ?

Tracey x

shotokansho
13-03-11, 19:53
Hi I have been prescribed 500micrograms, I've been told thats a very low dose, the equivalent to 1mg, but i'm not sure? I still haven't taken any.

Kez xx

rosebud
15-03-11, 18:54
give them a try i'me sure you will be fine. also they work pretty quickly usually a couple of days to a week.

tracey x

shotokansho
15-03-11, 20:50
Yeah thanks. I have taken 4 now over 2 days. Don't really feel any different yet.

Kez xx

haynsey
25-03-11, 19:24
Hi, escitalopram i have been on for 7 years and it works but only to a degree, i still get anxious espicially about my health.
But give them a try (fluanxol). Let me know how you get on?
haynsey x

shotokansho
05-04-11, 18:49
Well I finally see a slight difference in my moods. They are a little bit calmer and I have suffered with no side effects so that's really good. :)

Kez xx