PDA

View Full Version : One step at a time.....

angelvickie
05-04-06, 11:28
Hi All,

Thought I'd leave a message on here....having lived with PTSD, Anxiety/panic disorder & slight agoraphobia for the last 4 & a bit years......finally made it out of my safety zone (which is about 2miles around my house) and took a 45minute drive to Southend [:O] still cant believe I did it.

Set off thinking I wouldnt do it and 45minutes later I'm sitting there in tears & total shock (& thinking oh my god I've got to get home yet) but the journey home was easier than I thought, probably because I knew I was actually going home.

I just thought I'd leave this message for everyone, who are still at the early stages or feel that they wont ever get better........you can do it.....its hard but stay strong & believe you can do it..I believe in you all....if you are strong enough to come on this site & confront your problems, you'll be strong enough to fight them.

Not sure where my sudden bit of confidence & positive thinking has come from, but I have read the Paul McKenna books recently & I can only pin point it down to, after I finished reading them.

Im not better yet, far from it, but that one step has made me realise I can fight this.

Good Luck, Stay Strong

Vickie xxx

Keitharcher
05-04-06, 20:04
Hi

Well done you have just increased your circle of confidence, next stop the moon or wherever your dreams want to take you

Keith

Karen
05-04-06, 20:06
Great progress Vickie. Well done.

Every step forward is valuable and one closer to recovery. Remember a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

Keep going.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

weepinky
06-04-06, 07:25
Wayhey Angelvickie!!!!! You go girl!!!!!!!

Good Luck

Love :DPinky:D

Alexandra
06-04-06, 14:31
Well done hun.

Thats really great news for you.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Piglet
06-04-06, 15:30
Nice one :D

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

angelvickie
11-04-06, 18:26
Awwww ty 4 ur replies. Will keep you updated on how it's going

Vickie xxx