PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline not sure its for me? plz Help

fedupjo
11-03-11, 23:58
Hi, My name is Jo and i have never put it down in print, that ive been depressed on and off for 11 yrs but recently i am feeling desperate so here goes! I took quiet a few recreational drugs when i was 16 up to 19yrs. when i had my first child at 21 i became depressed, after avoiding Ads for 6yrs coz of fear of wot they would do to me, i was convinced by my counsellor to take Amytriptyline i started on 10mg then on to 25mg last year i gave them up coz i actually felt i could finally cope with my 3 kids and lifein general.

At the beginning of this year my depression came back with avengence!!!

Again i fought taking the Ads but in feb i felt i couldnt handle life anymore so i went to doc and was given Sertraline 50mg i have been taking them for a month now and i cant quiet put my finger on it but i dont feel myself i have had the normal dry mouth,over tired in the morning, loss of appitite, wobbliness but my anxiety levels seem worse and paranoia seems worse too (which is something i suffered with b4 i took Amy). Im ok while on the move and rushing around but when it comes to wanting to calm down and relax i cant. im very jumpy and too energized ( i feel like an energizer bunny). I feel like im on speed!!! and its not a nice reminder of my past which is making me more anxious. I really dont know if i should stay on these Ads or try something else. The Amy used to make me feel numb so cant go back to them!
someone out there must have an answer for me PLZ :weep:

diane07
11-03-11, 23:59
Hi fedupjo

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

fedupjo
12-03-11, 00:04
Hi fedupjo

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Thanx alot x:blush:x

Sekost
12-03-11, 07:36
Hi Jo...And welcome to NMP. There are some great people on here ready to help...Dont despair... I have the same issues as you but have not used meds. I am starting CBT soon so they may recommend it....
I do know that different meds suit different people. Have you been back to your GP to discuss how these meds make you feel..?

fedupjo
13-03-11, 21:54
Not yet, i spoke to the local phamicist and he said to carry on for another month so gonna do that see how it goes :scared15: i have tried CBT and it did work for a while but had to go back to counsellor for some reminder tips. It works so long as you want it to, but i did find that if another completely different problem arises it can be tricky to remember your coping stratergies. Good luck and i hope it goes well for you x