PDA

View Full Version : Why all day and night Heart Help

ian414
12-03-11, 01:22
Another all day of racing heart well over 100 beats and it now 1.06am and guess what still racing just checked it and it 93 beats why does it stay this high all day and night, the worry is can it do this all the time without harming your heart? always above the 100s all day and night, i hope someone can explaine if this is ok for it to do this all the time im 43 years old going on 90 keep getting like a burning feeling in my chest to thats a worry, i hope someone can tell me if this is normal anxitey or something else thank you Ian http://palps.chemicalforums.com/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/cry.gif also when im laying down it races like mad oh i know my heart will give up anyday now, Oh yes the 24 hour heart tape i had done if they say its racing but its fine does that mean im fine, or does that mean there could be an underline problem?

PokerFace
12-03-11, 07:33
Burning feeling in chest is usually acid indigestion, I've had it countless times myself due to anxiety. Racing heart is probably because you're so focused on it which leads to anxiety which leads to a racing heart...

I know you've had many ECG's, if something was wrong it would have been picked up on atleast one of them. If the doctors don't think there's an underlying problem, it's probably safe to say there isn't one xx

Towers
12-03-11, 09:39
Hi ian414,

Do you take any medication like beta-blockers (propranolol) to slow down your heart?

pettersonjack123
12-03-11, 13:14
i get racing heart very often and i get burning feeling almost ever day, no matter what people tell me or what the doctor tells me it wont help and i seem to think that theres something pyhsically wrong with my heart!

anx mum
12-03-11, 13:16
i get racing heart very often and i get burning feeling almost ever day, no matter what people tell me or what the doctor tells me it wont help and i seem to think that theres something pyhsically wrong with my heart!

Hi i get a burning pain in my chest too hun and doc has told me its anxiety also get sharp pains.

ktg123
12-03-11, 13:36
I suffer with this a lot didnt even know till last year that i have a fast heart rate I went for an ecg becouse of chest pains and was told it was fine except for a fast heart rate.I think that your heart is a little quick becouse even though you think your not thinking about it its still in the back of your mind (its got to be becouse you keep checking) and being worried about it will keep your heart rate up from the adrenerline.My heart rate during the day is normally around 90 to 100 and in severe panic goes upto 160!! Do you drink much tea,coffee or even eat much chocolate as this can increase your rate.I sometimes set an alarm on my phone so if im not thinking about my heart (rarely) i check it when feeling normal and sometimes im surprised to see it in the 70s 80s.Ive also been told that this wont harm as 100 beats is a little fast but still the normal range. Take care
Kim xx

Chris hill
12-03-11, 19:12
Sorry i dont have the answer but i can say that i have had the same thing for years and keep waking up in the morning:).