PDA

View Full Version : here i am again after your help!!!!

bexy84
12-03-11, 08:34
hello fellow panicers...... a while ao i poted about a freckle i had picked and picked and eventually picked it off!!! i was worried it could have been a melenoma and now i will have no way of telling if it was!!!!.....well a few weeks down the line it has healed to nothing...just obviously a faint scar like you have when u have a spot that has healed ...... would it have healed this way if it was cancer or would i still be able to tell if it was a melenoma??? what do u think, i am doing my head in thinking i have picked off cancer!!!! and if i spreads now i wont see as i have scraped it off!! any help is gratefully appreciated xx

macc noodle
12-03-11, 08:40
bexy - a freckle is not skin cancer. See your GP for reassurance.

My father in law had the most horrible looking mole on his back that even his GP thought was dodgy and he went to see a consultant - after a biopsy it was proven fine - just an ugly old mole. So I don't think you need to worry about a freckle.

Don't pick anymore freckles - boy it must have hurt to do that hon!

:)

bexy84
12-03-11, 10:11
Thanks very much mac, yes it did hurt!!! Won't be doing it again!!! The doc saw it and said it was fine and that they can still tell if it was anything bad, but how if its scratched off??? That's what I don't get

bloxy
12-03-11, 11:03
They can tell because of all the experience and knowledge that they have through studying for years and years.

I think sometimes, even though we think that we know everything about certain illnesses, we are only getting information from the net.

The skin would not have healed so well and the doctor wouldn't have said it was fine and that they would still be able to tell if it was bad, doctors are not allowed to lie to patients:hugs:

bexy84
12-03-11, 11:34
thanks hun.......... just needed that bit of reassurence again!!! havent checked my skin for 3 days so thats good for me!!!! ha ha xxx

bloxy
12-03-11, 12:32
Well done! Keep trying not to check and you will start to feel better. I know when I check I do it to reassure myself but I only end up feeling more anxious. x