PDA

View Full Version : please give advise

pettersonjack123
12-03-11, 13:01
hello my name is Jack, i'm 16 years old and have had anxiety problems for almost 2 years now. one sensation that has been accuring more and mre the last few weeks is- after exersice (walking) i get tingleing, pins and needles feeling in my arms, legs and back. just want to hear from someone with simaler feelings and anyone that can offer any advise! thanks :)

JayDeee
12-03-11, 18:52
Hi Jack, I'm 17 and have had anxiety problems for about the same time (maybe a bit longer) I can sometimes get the sensations in arms, legs etc that you are describing after exercise, don't worry, it's entirely normal! It's just your blood pumping through your body caused by the exercise. I'm not a doctor, but I imagine you only/mainly get the sensations in your arms/legs as they are the furthest away on your body. (sometimes you can get these sensations in your head when you stand up too quick!) All completely normal :)

Lion King
13-03-11, 05:19
I get this occasionally I wouldn't worry about it, keep exercising!

pettersonjack123
14-03-11, 14:54
thanks for the help guy's :)

KK77
14-03-11, 15:03
Anxiety really buggers up circulation and can over-stimulate the nerves, so I really wouldn't worry, Jack. I get it too when I exercise sometimes but fretting about it is guaranteed to make it worse.

Are you receiving any therapy for your anxiety? Have a word with your GP about this, but as I said, the physical sensations you're getting are common with anxiety.

pettersonjack123
15-03-11, 10:15
yes i am reciving help for my anxiety, its mostly just talking about it and trying to see what caused it and what i can do to help myself!